Am I being friendzoned?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Am I being friendzoned?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tom112336
    Participant
    March 12, 2016 at 11:59 pm #95492
    Am I being friendzoned?

I recently met this girl at a university function, we were getting on well and have a couple of classes in common. I know that she knows I like her because I was accidently talking to a mate about it not realising her guy family friend was next to me (she asked if I had met him later). It was awkward for awhile but we have recently hung out a lot before class and at parties. She seems to be giving signs that she is interested, for example she initiated our first hug the other day, when we were going home from a paint party we both spent time together and wiped paint out of each others hair, as well as telling me to message her when I get home etc. However, she also gives signs that she isnt too keen, for example, she rarely starts conversations in person and often expects me to start them and there are often long gaps between our facebook conversations because she rarely uses it.

Should I keep monitoring the situation? Or do you think I could ask her to a casual date?

Anonymous
    March 13, 2016 at 8:30 am #95503

its hard to tell, but if she is, she is waiting for you to proceed and pull her out of the friendzone! so what are you waiting for

ryandmd
    Participant
    March 13, 2016 at 11:15 am #95509

ask her out. I made the same mistake and I lost her

BeauBrooks
    Participant
    March 13, 2016 at 4:07 pm #95528

Just ask her to a movie with another one of your friends! if things get awkward just talk to her.

Anonymous
    March 14, 2016 at 8:56 am #95522

exactly ask her out

Vesp8912
    Participant
    March 18, 2016 at 7:36 pm #96071

I agree with BeauBrooks. If you ask her to hang out with friends, for example at the movies, then this gives you and her a chance to get to know each other. She then may realise you are interested; she may then ask you out, or if you get the hint that she is interested, you may have the courage to ask her out alone next time.