Am I being lead on?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Am I being lead on?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:19 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    December 26, 2016 at 9:45 am #121066
    Am I being lead on?

I had a co-worker ask me out when she realized I was leaving my job for a better paying one. I am thinking she is leading me on, am I being lead on?

We have been out so far on about 5 dates in the past 2 weeks and I have yet to get the relationship to the intimacy level that I think is needed for a romantic relationship. We have met on dates and done a lot of kissing and touching but nothing all the way. I complained to her on last date that intimacy is not on the level yet that I want and she got defensive and said ok you want that “fine” I will do whatever you want because I love you, but didn’t have time for that on our last date and said next date we can do that if I really wanted it that bad. I told her I just felt I was being lead on if our dates were not leading to the level of intimacy that I thought was needed in a relationship. She also seems to not respond to my text messages and replies in very short choppy messages.”ok. meet at 5pm. I love you.” They seem insincere.

viking2015
    Participant
    December 26, 2016 at 10:41 am #121068

In all honesty you can replace the word intimacy for sex here, and you signaled thats what matters. So she makes you wait whats the issue? and you have unrealistic expectations of woman with regards to texting text that sounds like insecurity. If you like her be patient see if it happens. As for texts in my experience women will reply when they are ready how they ware ready. I don’t think you are being lead just being impatient.

Anonymous
    December 26, 2016 at 1:10 pm #121080

I don’t know it just seems I am the one being the initater making all the effort. She always is busy and I seem to have to nag her to go out. I think if she was that serious she would want to see me everyday. 5 times in two weeks seems like she isn’t that serious, if she was that serious she would want to be seeing me everyday. Her excuses are she has two jobs and she has two kids and so much to do it’s hard besides the weekends fitting in time for dates. She said after working two full-time jobs during the week and taking care of her kids at the end of the day she is pooped and ready for bed and doesn’t feel like going out, she just feels like going to bed and going to sleep. She said during the week is too hard for her, weekends is the only thing she seems open too. Which makes me think I am just being strung along. I got her to meet me after work during the week only after begging her like crazy and all it was short 30 minute french kissing and hugging sessions in my car.

AcesDJD
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 9:39 am #121091

5 times in two weeks sounds like plenty to me especially with her schedule. I generally say if things don’t feel right just drop it especially early on, but I don’t know it sounds like you might be pushing a bit too much. Something to consider..

MaryCato
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 8:52 pm #121172

She probably isn’t sure if she wants to be with you or not. She may be treading the waters

Anonymous
    December 28, 2016 at 7:21 am #121169

Yeah I guess I am being paranoid. Last night I was feeling really lonely and told her I really wanted to make love to her more than anything in the world. She text me back and said she did too. She is a real shy girl and needs persistence to get out of her shell. She text me back said she was feeling , um how can I say in more appropriate words for the forum “In the mood”. So we did everything in my car last night in a parking lot. It was awesome. She said how much she loved me. She has had problems with bad relationships so I think she was just scared of being hurt again.

pmag
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 7:21 am #121181

You’re good, dude. Quit being a horn-dog and seduce her.

Anonymous
    December 28, 2016 at 7:21 am #121178

She probably isn’t sure if she wants to be with you or not. She may be treading the waters

Yeah at first thought that, but last night I texted her I really wanted to see her and wanted to make love to her. She replied she really wanted to too and we hooked up in my car in an abandoned parking lot and made love for about 20 minutes and had around an hour of cuddling. It was great. She told me past men have hurt her and she was hesitant at first because of past experiences with men, but said she loved me and held me close so I was happy.

zogoflax
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 3:47 pm #121242

being a person with three kids myself and working two jobs … her comments to me are completely legit. That is an exhausting lifestyle to live. Be an asset to her, not a burden. She seems to really like you or you would have been kicked to the curb by now. Don’t make life harder on her… patience my friend!