Am I being put off?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Am I being put off?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Don616
    Don616
    Participant
    September 1, 2015 at 10:28 pm #85021
    Am I being put off?

I went to a party a girl i like was throwing. At one point in the night I tell her, “Come with me outside, I wanna talk to you.” We go outside and I tell her, “Lets go out next week, what do you say?” She looked giggly but calmly, told me work was full but we’d work something out. I move in for a kiss and we start making out for a few little. Nothing perverse. She then tells me that she is now nervous but excited. We laugh and go inside. A few days later I text her a proposed evening. She replies saying that work is hectic and can’t. I ask if she is still down, she says yes defiantly but it’d have to be when she gets back from an out of town trip (which I do know was happening). Got back a day ago, and I message how was the trip, and a joke of “when we going on that crime spree?”, in a few small details says it was fun and that she will have to see when she gets to work when she will be free the next week or so.

Don616
    Don616
    Participant
    September 1, 2015 at 10:29 pm #85022

On the surface this seems fine, but I also think if someone wants to see you they will find the time. I am considering in the next 4 or 5 days contacting her again, and being clear that it is my last attempt. Is being this blunt a wise move or is it whinny?

5477zel
    5477zel
    Participant
    September 2, 2015 at 6:07 pm #85027

Well it depends she could be busy with work. Try not to sound like you are desperate to go out with her.

binh
    Participant
    September 3, 2015 at 6:28 pm #85106

My boy,

My name is Binh, I am a 75 year old Vietnamese man with a penchant for bourbon, sexual intercourse and dragons. In my country, when we want to swoon special woman, we ring their doorbell and present them with bag of carrots. Ask first if she prefers her carrots whole or chopped. Present her with the carrots, when she accepts tell her disparaging words. For example, you could tell her she smells of animal droppings and spit on her shoes. At first she will find you disgraceful, but in time she will realize you have the heart of a warrior and she will fornicate with you. Best wishes and best of luck my boy.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  binh.

Kellyrose
    Participant
    September 6, 2015 at 1:41 pm #85193

Just be patient. Don’t tell her this is your last attempt because then you literally can’t try again. Disappear for a few days..make her miss you…then ask her out again.

darbycrash
    Participant
    September 7, 2015 at 2:32 am #85217

She’s fully aware that going on a date with you is on the table and at this point the ball is in her court. Rather than pushing the issue or telling her that this is your last attempt, maybe think of things from her perspective. Why should she want to go out with you? There may be one or many good reasons. For instance, if she find you funny…make her laugh. Remind her of why she was interested in you in the first place. If you succeed in this, you may find her inquiring as to when you can get together…or at the very least, you may find her far less elusive the next time you invite her out. Just a suggestion.