Am I being strung along

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Am I being strung along

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 5:28 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lilrav
    Participant
    June 27, 2016 at 6:18 am #104113
    Am I being strung along

So I have been seeing this guy for nearly a month he texts me every day from normal stuff to sexual stuff. We have had sex 4 times, twice at his house I’ve even spent the night he says all the right stuff he wants a commitment to get married and have a family he has even gone as far as to ask me if things got real serious between us would I move in to his place, but I’ve started to see his actions don’t match his words. He tells me to hang in there that he will do the right thing, that he promises that he will never hurt me. I’ve started to pull back and I’ve even told him that I will not continue to do this with him and that I deserve to be with someone who truly wants to be with me. So far he hasn’t responded to the text but keeps texting me good morning asking how my day is I responded to one and he never responded back then again next day good morning etc etc I have not responded. He texts me a lot he starts the conversions and he relies quickly when we talk he has only called me o

1IN10K
    1IN10K
    Participant
    June 27, 2016 at 1:00 pm #104128

The one thought that comes to mind, is are you maybe moving faster than what he is. What does he see as ‘serious’ and what is his time frame on getting married. A month does not seem long enough to be thinking of the future yet. You still have to learn to know each other and there is a lot to know. Depending on what the ‘honeymoon’ period is for you guys, you could maybe not be seeing the ‘real’ him yet, if that makes sense.

Louie97
    Participant
    June 27, 2016 at 1:50 pm #104133

To be honest with you I’m seeing many red flags:1) His actions aren’t matching his words. Anyone that is “serious” about you will make sure that they keep the majority of their promises and try their hardest to never let you down. 2) He only texts you and only called you once??!! To me if he was really serious about you he would try to call as much as possible, waiting to hear your voice. I don’t mean to be a bearer of negative outlooks, but being real with you, I wouldn’t have any high hopes when it comes to this “man”.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    June 27, 2016 at 3:15 pm #104135

girl, you’ve been w/ him for a month and are questioning him because he hasn’t proposed after a month? What do you want him to do? You’re pressuring him and making it seem like it’s a chore to marry you. have some selft-worth, you don’t even know eachother, YOU don’t even know if he’s the one for you. You need to calm down and take your time getting to know eachother and once you do you can then decide the right course.

Mel4everable
    Mel4everable
    Participant
    June 27, 2016 at 5:50 pm #104146

Wow! I am just going to tell you like it is – no shortcuts. How the hell do you sleep with someone on four occasions within one month of dating? Do you even know what’s his favourite coffee or met his parents or even know where they live? You as a woman should have some respect for both yourself and your body and that’s a shame. How will he take you seriously? No sweetheart, he has no intentions of marrying you or creating a future with you. Sad to say, you are just a temporary record for him to play. Simple. If you do give him time to show himself then go celibate and see if he’ll be willing to settle down with you for another month or even make any movements to show you that he wants to take this fling to the next level. My personal advice however is to get out while you can and before you get too attached and also, respect yourself.

lilrav
    Participant
    June 27, 2016 at 8:29 pm #104149

oh no i dont want him to propose that’s not on my mind too soon he asked me about marriage all I want is to get a chance to get to know him to see if maybe we could start dating

lilrav
    Participant
    June 27, 2016 at 8:32 pm #104150

i have called it off i have walked away