am I doomed to be alone now that I'm in my mid 50s?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 8:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

leanna5
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 6:23 am #155105

I’m in my mid 50s. Divorced 6 years after a long mostly good marriage.
    I’ve been online dating for years now with no luck.
    In part its been my own fault—too picky. Not that I wanted to be picky, it was just how I felt.
    Now that I feel more open, I’m afraid I’m doomed.
    Its mostly the same guys on the dating websites that have also been there for years.
    Its not that they’ve asked me out and I’ve rejected them (they have not), its just that they’ve seen me there again and again quite literally for years.
    I hear that men only like “high status” women. Obviously a woman who has been looking for a partner for years can’t be high status.
    What can I do?
    I’m not unattractive physically (men who actually know me have told me that I”m actually ‘hot,’ despite being middle aged), but men in their 50s seem totally uninterested in me.
    Help?

bittybuff
    Participant
    November 22, 2017 at 3:09 pm #157254

Men in their 50’s are hopeful they can get a 30-something because despite them ageing, their minds are still that of a 28 year old.

My mother had a really difficult time and found herself single at the age of 52 and she is now 63 and only just in a relationship she sees lasting.

please don’t give up hope – you are young! There is time and don’t settle. You will find someone because he’s currently out there looking for you!

You need to open yourself to letting positivity in and maybe join a group or a hobby that you like doing because guaranteed someone will know someone and your paths will cross somehow.

I’m no expert so I just want you to know that I believe he’s out there, you just need to be in the right mindset to allow him to find you…?