Am I ghosting or being ghosted? What should I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Miamb
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 4:41 am #92516

Hi Guys, so I met this guy in a New Year Party. He seems to remember more about what happened there than myself as I passed out (how embarrassing)
    I woke up and he was by my side. I got a bit scared and asked for explanation. He explained I passed out etc.. when I was calmer he asked for my number.
    He texted me on the next day and invited me for dinner. I have suggested Sunday and he neither accepted or rejected but on Sunday he asked what I was doing. I did not go out with him as I wasn’t super happy he could not confirm on Friday after asking me out.
    He disappeared for 1.5 weeks after that. Then suddenly sent me a msg asking me what I was doing. It was a Friday night and I was going to meet some friends and invited him to come along. He came along and we had an awesome fun time.
    Then he started to text me and invite me out pretty much every day, came to my house by surprise two days after and we had another awesome time.
    continue….

Miamb
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 4:47 am #92517

I asked why he disappeared before and he said his ex girlfriend of 4-5 years who he was living with has gone to her parents house to give him time to move out since he has broken up with her
    He invited me out for dinner and we went out. He took me to a super expensive restaurant and blew up over 500 dollars on me that night. Another awesome time (no sex only kiss)
    He kept texting everyday super sweet texts. He asked to see me again I was tired invited him to chill with me. He came over and we had another awesome time still no sex and no pressure on his end.
    He gave me an expensive gift – AUD 500 fan for my room – who does that?? Ok I accepted. My door knocked and it was my neighbour who I was dating before. He asked who the guy was and I told him it was the guy I was dating before him.
    He changed his behaviour and told me I could do whatever I wanted and should not stop anything because of him. I said I got it and he left home. Was a bit akward. Continue…

Miamb
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 9:05 am #92518

I thought he would not text me after this but he did when he got home. Sent me a super sweet text, which I replied on the following day. Then he called me and asked me what I was doing, I said I would meet a friend and he said he would meet his brother but would like to see me after. I accepted.
    Then he texted me later on around 10pm saying he was still with his brother and would like to see me afterwards and asked me where I was.
    I got home around 11pm and told him I was home and already going to sleep so he should enjoy with his brother.
    He replying with ‘Nite cutie, speak soon… xx’
    And I never heard back from him (I have not initiated contact either)
    It is being a week now. Is he ghosting me? Am I ghosting him? What should I do?????
    (I am totally wanting to move things along with this guy – but this ex girlfriend story + sudden no contact does not feel right. I never been to his place or seen his car btw)