Am I going to get played

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Am I going to get played

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

googleit
    Participant
    October 28, 2015 at 8:26 pm #87576
    Am I going to get played

I have been seeing this girl for almost two months. Good dates, fun, new things and what not. I took her hiking last weekend and brought here home with me. I’m not into the label thing and either is she. From all accounts that I know, she likes me a lot. I was on facebook today and she put a picture up and then I saw some guy comment,” I can’t wait to see you tomorrow night.” Then like an hour later the picture was gone, either she hide it from me or deleted it. Then she texted me a picture and wanted to start a chat with me but I just said “lol” I think I like her cause this has bothered me. So I guess I’m asking what yall would do. Cut ties and not risked getting played which is the easy way to do or should I tell her I saw that and it bothered me.

eugh94
    Participant
    October 29, 2015 at 2:09 pm #87640

Its obvious you like the girl which is why this is tough. You should comment about the picture and comment. If she replies on the lines of “I don’t know what you’re talking about” then move on. It sounds like you’re a decent enough guy to find someone who’s right for you

Raveboi
    Participant
    October 31, 2015 at 12:24 pm #87729

I’d say that I saw it and see what she says about it

googleit
    Participant
    November 1, 2015 at 6:28 pm #87740

Okay, so I tried to cut her off, and she got a hold of me and I hung out with her last night. It was fun, and she kept touching and kissing me and it seemed great. But the date ended at 10 PM and she went to a Halloween party at her friends without inviting me. That was that. I talked to her a little this morning and she seems distant. So again, I am going to give her space and let her contact me. If she doesn’t then that is okay, but if she does what should I tell her? That I deem to be a priority and if she cannot give that to me then we should go our separate ways? Or what?

everything
    Participant
    November 2, 2015 at 2:30 am #87744

Good luck buddy, you might have a player on your hands, hell they all play, it’s just a game to them. I don’t play myself, and I’m lol, alone all the time as a result. So, I’m finally learning to play, i.e. I’ve kissed two different girls this weekend, wow, I did it. They won’t always come to you, they are not very good at that, although better than they used to be, but hey that’s game too. Don’t be like me and panic and all that, it’s ok for her to have guy friends right? Maybe she just drank to much last night?, or maybe he screwed her brains out. You have to put down those fears of another guy because you have no control over that anyways. You have to just be genuine, and true to yourself, if she’s not true to you, she’s not being true to herself. Don’t suffer for her malfeasance. Still, I know, it sucks that men have to make all the moves, take all the risk, deal with the fallout, forgive her stupid lies, and in general suffer through her bullshit.

0range
    Participant
    November 2, 2015 at 4:56 am #87746

She sounds like a player, maybe bring up the picture and tell her how it bothered you?

googleit
    Participant
    November 5, 2015 at 1:18 pm #87959

Update number 3. I told her I needed more from her or else I was going to go another direction. She did not like that and was like I thought we have been having fun and I like seeing you. Blah Blah Blah… On Tuesday I asked her if she wanted to do anything this weekend and she replied with I don’t know yet. So I just left it at that and haven’t been starting texts with her since. I started dating other woman again in the meantime and I do not care that if she is not the one. Blah Blah Blah… I think she has sensed that I have withdrawn my interest and now is sending me stupid texts all the time and asking me about my day and i am just short back with her and she always texts back right away. What does it sound like she is doing? I’m thinking that I am just an option, and when she is bored she texts me pointless stuff. Is that about right?

Anonymous
    November 5, 2015 at 3:38 pm #87967

I know a few girls who have done that exact same thing… most of the time it’s just because they want the attention, and see it as a “power game”. Trust me, a girl like that isn’t the sort of girl you want.

crow7
    Participant
    November 9, 2015 at 6:56 pm #88175

^^^This

lucylily
    Participant
    November 10, 2015 at 12:56 pm #88257
    Reply To: Am I going to get played

If I was you I would just ignore it… Which is easier said than done I know. Perhaps it was just a friend?! I would be freaking out just like you I think but try as you must either ignore it… Or if you can’t broach the subject? Just say oh nice photo you put up earlier?!