Am I hanging on to something that's not real?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

yanksfan12
    Participant
    June 6, 2016 at 11:15 pm #102285

Last year in college I became really close with my lab partner. I found out she had a boyfriend the second time we talked but still talked to her every week in lab and we would walked back to the dorms together. At the end of the school year I asked how she felt about me and she said I was a really cool guy but she has a boyfriend. This obviously made me angry but still very interested in her. She lives about 3 hours from me when not in school. Next year we have 2 of the same classes together and I was wondering if I should completely let her go and not talk to her as a friend or continue to act like her having a boyfriend doesn’t bother me and talk to her. I really think this girl is special I just don’t know if I should be waiting.

rlarson87
    Participant
    June 7, 2016 at 9:53 am #102341

I don’t know but keep your head up!

Confused_one
    Participant
    June 7, 2016 at 3:07 pm #102400

If she has a boyfriend and she’s let you know that right up front, and then when you asked how she felt about you, she told you again, then you should probably just let it go. Not sure why you got angry about it. I say just be her friend and accept that she’s not available.

yanksfan12
    Participant
    June 7, 2016 at 3:33 pm #102411

Thanks for the response. I guess I got angry because my dumb friends made me feel insecure for not “Getting” with her.