Am I in the dreaded friend zone?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

iwontforgetthishaha
    Participant
    November 28, 2015 at 7:40 pm #89095

I am a junior in HS and I have fallen for this really cute freshman.

Why she might like me:

She has invited me to hang out a couple times with her and a group of friends

She smiles and says hey whenever she sees me in the hall

We hugged several times last night after she does something good (eg: bowling a spare)

She called me dumb a couple times (probably not good) but she said she was so sorry (sarcastically) and touched my face, grabbed my hand, etc after I said she was mean.

She laughs a good amount when I’m talking to her

She asked me to hug her when it was cold and feel her face to see if it felt cold.

She adds extra letters and smiley faces when texting.

Why she might not be interested

She told her friend that her cousin was hot and also said some other guy in the school was cute when I was in her presence

We don’t text often (maybe because I never texted her first)? She will occasionally text me something like wassssuuppp

Vantage802
    Participant
    November 29, 2015 at 11:57 am #89099

Scenario 1: She’s just very friendly and flirtatious. Is she like this to other guys that you know? If so, you might be in the friend zone.
    Scenario 2: If she’s only like this to you, it’s probably because she has some feelings for you.
    Scenario 3: If it’s clear at all that you have a shot, just ask her. It might not work, and could be a little awkward if it doesn’t, but it could work and that would be great.

carrasr
    Participant
    November 30, 2015 at 5:03 pm #89137

give it a try

LZ360
    Participant
    December 1, 2015 at 12:45 pm #89190

I would Imagine you’re not quite friend zoned just yet.
    Some girls that age will try to make you jealous by saying this and that.
    Tread lightly, play your cards right, be confident with yourself regardless of what happens.