Am I just a friend or is there something more?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Chrono
    Participant
    November 26, 2015 at 2:47 am #89015

Hi guys!

There’s a girl that I like. We met a year and a half ago and she had a long time boyfriend that she broke up later. I asked her then on a date and she said she has a boyfried so I backed off.

We’ve stayed more or less in touch since then. I also got in a strange, abusive relationship that I couldn’t take anymore and broke it off a month and a half ago. She had been talking to me about all that shit over the phone and it ended up us hearing nearly each day.

I cooled off from her when she told me she had a boyfriend the first time but I started to develop feelings again and some things bug me out.

She is relaxed with me and doesn’t seem bothered if I touch her, hug her or anything. She laughs to the things I say and notices things I’m wearing. She doesn’t touch me as much as I do her. Talks with me about anything and compliments me on things. Yesterday she put her bag between us and kept a bit of distance. I noticed her pupils dilate. Should I back off? Tell her?

likemoe
    Participant
    November 26, 2015 at 4:36 pm #89028

She sees you as a friends. The distance with the bag between you guys is a subtle sign that she isn’t interested in you intimately. She friend zoned you. You should probably move on. But if you really like this girl, try ignoring her and not showing her much attention anymore and see if she comes back to you. Girls sometimes develop feelings when your no longer there.

Anonymous
    November 28, 2015 at 9:27 am #89018

Maybe tell her how you feel about her and see what she says. Just be direct and stop guessing.