Am I just being paranoid?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MissAverage
    Participant
    May 19, 2015 at 2:22 pm #79302

I’ve met this man, we’ve only gone on 3 dates, they have all gone really well. I did have really low expectations as well so i am quite surprised that i like him.
    the past few days though its taking longer for him to text back, and he’s being a bit more blunt with me. He also hasn’t asked me out again, when usually he would ask me to go on another date 1 or 2 days after. Has he lost interest in me? Should I back off a bit to see if he actually makes an effort to speak to me?

findinghappiness
    Participant
    May 19, 2015 at 11:19 pm #79367

I’ve been in a similar situation as you, where the guy was initially very proactive and asked me out for the next date at the end of the date we were on. But then after a while he just kept disappearing for the week and only making plans with me the Thursday before the weekend. In my case, it was because he was in med school and just didn’t understand time management. Is your guy super busy with his job, or maybe does he have something that is causing him to be so preoccupied lately? Do you text him often/do you start the conversations often in comparison to him? On your dates, do you think he’s been flirty with you or is he pretty civil? If you are the one that starts conversations more than him, maybe try not texting him right away for a while and see if he picks up the slack. Also depends on how much you like him… if you’re really interested then I’d say you could also just ask him out and see his response. Otherwise, maybe just wait it out? Good luck!

Caiis101
    Participant
    May 22, 2015 at 11:06 pm #79648

Maybe you should send him a very relaxed text saying hey let me know whenever your free so we can hang out and catch up. It can’t hurt to try that.

SavO
    Participant
    May 28, 2015 at 3:45 am #79809

It’s possible he may have, but if I were you, I wouldn’t push it because I’m not the type that likes men who play games.