Am I just overthinking it?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:51 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

HeavenSlum
    HeavenSlum
    Participant
    May 11, 2016 at 11:26 pm #100253

So I have a relatively new job. The first thing that I noticed about my supervisor was that he was AMAZINGLY cute. He’s a short, baby-faced guy who likes to whistle everywhere he goes. He’s a little awkward, though, and isn’t keen on keeping eye-contact. Or at least he isn’t with me. I haven’t paid attention to how he looks at others when he talks to them. It’s really hard to look at his face without wanting to swoon.
    Here’s the problem: I kind of get the feeling that he is a tad more awkward around me. This could just be me hoping that he’s shyer toward me. But if I meet his gaze, he’ll immediately look away. When I have my hands in my pockets, so does he. Sometimes he’ll just walk up to me while I’m doing a task and just give really basic advice on whatever I’m doing. It doesn’t seem like he thinks I don’t now what I’m doing. It’s more like he wants an excuse to talk to me. Maybe?
    Can someone help me with this? I can give more details on request. I’ve got to be imagining this, right?

May 11, 2016 at 11:32 pm #100255

Can you give your age range and his age range?

My advice is to initiate a little flirting and see how he reacts. Becareful though, he is your Supervisor. You don’t want to get in trouble. Also, him knowing he’s your supervisor is probably holding him back from making a move. He doesn’t want to compromise his job.

HeavenSlum
    HeavenSlum
    Participant
    May 11, 2016 at 11:34 pm #100256

I’m 22. I have no idea how old he is. Maybe thirty? Hard to tell with that young face.

LostLover
    Participant
    May 12, 2016 at 2:31 pm #100283

Go all out. If you flirt and he’s flirts back- great. But if he doesn’t what do you lose? Just be careful not to be too lustrous!!

jassythegreat
    jassythegreat
    Participant
    May 12, 2016 at 3:46 pm #100291

I agree, you should flirt, but subtle flirting. Try it when you’re alone, not when you’re surrounded by coworkers.

Louie97
    Participant
    May 14, 2016 at 1:25 pm #100404

Yup…flirt and see how he responds. His reaction to your flirting will let you know if he’s truly interested. But at the same time try to maintain professionalism lol