Am I just stupid? I feel embarrassed….pt 1 and 2

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jessicabowels
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 2:14 pm #136295

So a few weeks ago I went to a friend’s bdaywith my kiddos. I recently got back with my ex, father’s of my children. Anyways my friend messages me, asking if I’m single, and that a certain guy at the party was a little interested in me. I asked who, and said I did get back with my ex.

A few days later, I messaged him via FB said Hey! (I am not trying to hook up, date, or cheat — i don’t have a lot of friends though. I messaged him for conversation. He says “You look familiar.” “You’re the quiet girl from the party” etc. I just asked him what he was doing. He said he wished me luck with my relationship etc.

Then somewhere in the convo he says “What did you expect me to say when u contacted me lol”. I said “nothing”. so he goes “Well I don’t ignore pretty woman… So saying nothing would be dumb”

and so i said –> lol i didn’t think conversation hurt anyone? but i wasn’t trying to bug u, or intrude.

Haha you are something else <– is what he replied.

jessicabowels
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 2:14 pm #136296

I told him I’m confused, i didnt get why he was acting like that.

Don’t be.. well thank you for contacting me I’ll ttyl best of luck <– so he says this.

Woooah. I’m sorry for making you angry by saying Hi. lol alrighty then. <– i respond with this.

He says… I’m far from angry lol just trying to figure you out
    so I said –>lol idk what i’m saying to come off so bad

Then he ssays, –>You aren’t coming off bad.. I’ll start over
    Hi I’m Jacob lol

he read me saying my name and hasnt said anything since. what did i do? i genuinely was interested in chatting, but now i feel really awkward.