Am I making a mistake or not

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Nathanbrady077
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 8:27 pm #93732

this girl and I have been seeing each other for around 2 and a half months. And we’ve been good friends for 9 months before we started seeing each other. And it’s all going so perfectly well. Last week was the first time we’ve told each other “I love you” and it just felt so right. Like this is the first time I’ve genuinely fallen for a girl. So I asked her out to make us official, and she told me she doesn’t trust herself to be in a relationship coz she thinks its too serious. But we’re basically almost like in a relationship. Just without any labels. And I don’t even know what to call her coz I cant call her my girlfriend. She said she doesn’t wanna make it official coz she’s afraid she’ll make the same mistake she did before and change her mind later on. We’re both committed. But I’m the sort of guy that needs to be in official relationship not for public attention but for my personal reasons. And it’s just been really hard for me and idk what to do. Looking for some solid advice :/

Nathanbrady077
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 8:30 pm #93734

Walking away isn’t an option. I love this girl way too much. I spoke to her about this, but she doesn’t think she’s ready for that sort of commitment. Neither of us are seeing anyone else. And we’re fully committed to each other.

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 17, 2016 at 8:00 pm #93815

This is a very common problem without very many good answers. I have a friend in a similar situation. He hangs out with this girl Kristin, he cares about her deeply and she cares about him as well. They hang out every day, eat together, sleep together, but don’t have a label. My friend wants the label but Kristin doesn’t. I recently met her for the first time as they both live in a different state. During a party, we got to talking and I asked her why she didn’t want to date my buddy, thinking I’d find the elusive answer to this problem; but no such luck. She just said she wanted to wait until her mind was ready. He hasn’t let go and they’re still getting closer, so I think you should do the same despite any concerns about where you’re going.

Tet11
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 7:23 am #93827

Keep your options open. No one person should dictate your emotions at any given time. Ita unhealthy.

T3rowsfromreno
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 7:01 pm #93908

Its hard but you gotta let this girl go, this has trouble all over it. Been there done that