Am I out of touch & if so what do I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 7:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

5by5
    5by5
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 7:27 am #130894

First date in ten years last Friday, lets call her “Ms Potential Future” (MPF for short). The date lasted almost 8 hours, started with drinks and dessert, a walk through town, then drink at another bar. I take MPF back to the car and by this time is raining we attempt to say good bye several times but we keep chatting, so MPF & I ended up turned back round & grabbing coffee, we didn’t get home til 3am. There was a linger & we hugged. Today MPF & I had our second date, I noticed the cues more, constant eye contact, flicking of hair, fidgeting with necklace & laughing at everything I said & even touching & I reckon there was a moment where a possible kiss could/should have happened but didn’t, so we had a hug goodbye

Here is my dilemma, I ended a 10 year relationship cos there was no intimacy on her end (that’s right no sex) I feel as though I have been de-programmed & have no idea what I am doing anymore (I’ve never had trouble with women) & I really like MPF, what the hell do I do?

rachelst0516
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 5:09 pm #131008

It sounds to me like you should take the leap with MPF. Don’t be afraid of your past.

5by5
    5by5
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 6:59 pm #131015

It’s not the past I’m afraid of, due to the lack of physical stimulation (hugs, kisses, sex & even all the other couples type touching) I have developed an aversion to touch. My ex always gave me the right signals and when I would approach to do anything she’d shut me down (why did I stay you might be thinking, I thought the juice was worth the squeeze & I like to work stuff out, I guess I am kind of a sucker there as I flogged at that dead horse for a decade), so I can’t even tell if MPF is playing me & or actually interested, so there is a slight fear I suppose that if I mention this to her (A) she’ll be scared off, or (B) I can’t grow some balls (which isn’t the problem, cos I’m not afraid of women)