Am I out of touch & if so what do I do?

Author
    Comments
  • 5by5
    5by5
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 7:27 am #130894
    Am I out of touch & if so what do I do?

First date in ten years last Friday, lets call her “Ms Potential Future” (MPF for short). The date lasted almost 8 hours, started with drinks and dessert, a walk through town, then drink at another bar. I take MPF back to the car and by this time is raining we attempt to say good bye several times but we keep chatting, so MPF & I ended up turned back round & grabbing coffee, we didn’t get home til 3am. There was a linger & we hugged. Today MPF & I had our second date, I noticed the cues more, constant eye contact, flicking of hair, fidgeting with necklace & laughing at everything I said & even touching & I reckon there was a moment where a possible kiss could/should have happened but didn’t, so we had a hug goodbye

Here is my dilemma, I ended a 10 year relationship cos there was no intimacy on her end (that’s right no sex) I feel as though I have been de-programmed & have no idea what I am doing anymore (I’ve never had trouble with women) & I really like MPF, what the hell do I do?

rachelst0516
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 5:09 pm #131008

It sounds to me like you should take the leap with MPF. Don’t be afraid of your past.

5by5
    5by5
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 6:59 pm #131015

It’s not the past I’m afraid of, due to the lack of physical stimulation (hugs, kisses, sex & even all the other couples type touching) I have developed an aversion to touch. My ex always gave me the right signals and when I would approach to do anything she’d shut me down (why did I stay you might be thinking, I thought the juice was worth the squeeze & I like to work stuff out, I guess I am kind of a sucker there as I flogged at that dead horse for a decade), so I can’t even tell if MPF is playing me & or actually interested, so there is a slight fear I suppose that if I mention this to her (A) she’ll be scared off, or (B) I can’t grow some balls (which isn’t the problem, cos I’m not afraid of women)