Am I over thinking why this didn't work?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CrypticCanadian
    Participant
    June 29, 2014 at 1:53 am #56558

So I am 17 and until recently I have been talking to this girl for close to 2 months. We first started as friends with benefits (although it was all via texts and snap chats) but after a while I came clean with her that I wanted more than that. And surprisingly she actually agreed, so we kept talking heading toward potentially dating, this was one of my first experiences with the opposite sex, and she would have been my first REAL girlfriend. But anyways, one week she was completely crushing on me and telling me how amazing I was and how I am to good for her, then the next week she was acting really bitchy. She was basically telling me all the reasons we wouldn’t work out, cause she doesn’t have time, her parents don’t let her date, blah blah blah. And this really hurt me and made me feel like she wasn’t as good of a person as I thought. Long story short we talked about it and she told me she was pushing me away, not cause she didn’t like me but cause we wouldn’t work.

CrypticCanadian
    Participant
    June 30, 2014 at 9:21 am #56559

Just wanted to add some stuff, when we talked, I was borderline begging her not to give up on us, but she wouldn’t listen, she then told me “I am not gonna date you and that’s final” which really hurt. I guess I am just disappointed about how it ended and I don’t have any closure. I didn’t really get to see her all that often, and she is really shy, so at school Where I did see her, she was really shy. We never actually even kissed, it’ just sucks that we talked and talked about what we would do, but never got to do it. I never got to take her out to dinner and treat her right (me being a gooey romantic). I am also wondering if I did anything wrong to push her away? Like maybe she agreed to potentially dating me because I out her on the spot maybe? Idk I just need some help lmao. I just really miss her and am wondering if it’s a good idea to call her, I know I shouldn’t beg for a girl but still……..I still want to fight for her. Is that weird or wrong?

CrypticCanadian
    Participant
    June 30, 2014 at 9:21 am #56560

Sorry guys, a lot to this story, the last big thing I want to add was that one, we ended it on somewhat good terms, talking about maybe being friends once school comes around. And two, I asked her to give me space over the summer, you know don’t text or call. PLEASE HELP I AM GOING INSANE THINKING ABOUT IT!!!!

CrypticCanadian
    Participant
    June 30, 2014 at 9:21 am #56561

Uggggg this sucks!!

drarthur25
    drarthur25
    Participant
    July 2, 2014 at 5:33 am #56723

what a line, lol. she’s very confused and needs space and time to grow and develop. She doesn’t really know herself. Its not anything you did or said….. I think you found a immature, inexperienced and insecure woman whose just beginning to think for herself. you’re not the reason she’s bitchy. she still is a part of the way her parents want her to be and doesn’t have the confidence in herself to think for herself. she still wants to do as her parents want and follow her own feelings. A impossible dilemma. Good luck, R

Anonymous
    Participant
    July 2, 2014 at 7:33 pm #56732

You’re only 17 man. Trust me on this one. You have the whole world to experience yet especially college if you choose to go that route. There’s a lot of girls out there that you’ll come into contact with. I’ve been through this situation before. And who knows where your degree will take you. Like Dr.Arthur stated, you found an insecure and immature girl. That’s how most girls are that age. It’ll work out if you just give her time and space. Make her miss you and never ever act desperate to get her back.

jenny12345
    Participant
    July 18, 2014 at 1:57 am #57723

Enjoy your life and whatever happens happens for a reason

hopelesspanzy24
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 9:02 am #57896

Damn that’s a lot to take. But hmm it does seem like you really like this girl, and the same goes for her. To be really honest just give her the space she needs now. I feel like for her she doesn’t want to try because of her current living. She finds it too troublesome to date anyone because the life she lives wont allow it. So just give it some time ( I know this is going to suck alot being your age because there is so much social media to get jealous off of ) Just stop talking to her for now giver her space. Say hi every now and then but don’t come off as ( WANT TO DATE NOW???) If you believe you guys had a connection of some sort then trust it. If you think that she did like you a bit then trust it. Get sexy somehow get more interesting. Make yourself more appealing to her without actually presenting it to her. ( if that makes sense) Dont just start to give her the cold shoulder right off the bat. Some distance and time could help you out . Hope this helps good luck (:

JeepBrah
    Participant
    July 27, 2014 at 9:48 pm #58359

Yeah she is confused. Do not take it to heart but you both are young and need to find what you really want. You seem to have more of a grasp tho.