Am I overreacting?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Am I overreacting?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

allisonh1
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 11:54 am #80774
    Am I overreacting?

Sorry for the length, but I really really appreciate any responses.

So a guy and I matched on a dating website at the beginning of my finals week (which, in Med School, actually lasts us about 2-3 weeks) and started talking then but I was super super busy so I wasn’t really that responsive to him/ it would take me like 24 hours to respond but he gave me his number and we kept texting. He was like super patient about me being busy. And would text me and tell me good luck on exams and stuff and then when exams were over, asked if I could meet up. So we did– we went on a walk through Central Park and then grabbed a couple drinks and then met up with a couple of my friends at a bar. We waited in line for like an hour, got there, and then hung out with my friends and then they left and then we stayed until the bar closed and then he walked me to the train station and waited until a train came for me and then I left.

allisonh1
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 11:55 am #80775

On my ride home literally at the exact same second we sent each a text saying we had a great time and talked a little bit more.

The next morning I was flying home for 2 weeks at 7 am. He texted me at like 11 am and asked if I made it home okay. While I was home we texted every couple of days. And it was going well. On the Sunday that I was coming back to NYC, he texted me and was like do you want to meet up and grab drinks to celebrate your first day of work tomorrow and I said yes absolutely and we ended up going to his place and having a bottle of wine and then I left– he still had not kissed me at this point. But then he texted me that night about something we had talked about while we were together. So then I texted him first on Tuesday and we talked.

allisonh12
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 12:00 pm #80782

Then that Thursday I texted him first again and invited him out with to a party that my friends were having on Friday. He responded “I should be able to go what time?” I was kind of disappointed in that response because it seemed pretty unexcited to see me. But the date/whatever it was went SO well. At one point during the night, he brought up a place that, on our first date I had mentioned that I wanted to go to, and was like “When we go to…” at least on 2 occasions during the night. I fell at some point in the night and my knee started bleeding. We ended up going back to his place where he took care of me cleaned it off for me and put a band aid on it and stuff. It was really cute. At one point, I made a comment something along the lines of “do you actually like hanging out with me” and he was like “of course I do. Why?”

allisonh12
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 12:00 pm #80783

And I said about how his text didn’t seem really excited and he was like “that is me being excited. If I didn’t want to go, I wouldn’t have. I’ll just have to work on convincing you more that I like hanging out with you.” And he FINALLY kissed me and it was great and then there were moves to go further but I like pulled back and he was totally totally fine with it. And then it was like 1 am so I was like “do you want me to go” and he was like “no, not at all. Its 1 am. I’d actually be kind of insulted if you left right now.” So we cuddled literally all night. Like woke up in the morning and he pulled me closer and then when we both were awake we started kissing more and he like made a further move again and I said no again and said I was sorry and he was like “Don’t be sorry at all. That’s not a bad thing.” And then just kept cuddling for a while longer and then I left and when I left he again said the thing about doing more to convince me that he liked hanging out with me.

allisonh12
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 12:00 pm #80784

When I got home, I texted him saying thanks for coming out, I had a great night and I was starting to believe he actually liked hanging out with me. He responded “Oh really now? I must have been acting too excited then 🙂 I had fun too, hope your toe is alive still” and then a little while later sent me a text saying that I had left my necklace there if I was looking for it. I responded that I didn’t even notice I was missing it, but assumed I would see him soon enough to get it back. He responded “I’ll trade you for my shirt :)” in reference to his shirt that I had worn home. He talked a little bit more and then he texted me again that night and we continued to talk. On Sunday, he texted me first again (responding to a text I had sent late on Saturday night) and we talked more. . On Monday, he again texted me first, starting a new conversation, but then was kind of short towards the end of it, giving only a couple of word responses. On Tuesday, I texted him and started a conversation.

allisonh12
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 12:01 pm #80785

. Since Sunday, his texting has been a little bit weird as he has been pretty short at times. He always responds but sometimes will only respond “hahah” or “yeah” to which I don’t respond often and the conversation ends. He has been back and forth with this, however. For example, on Tuesday, the end of our conversation went:

Me:”Exactly. How was your day?”
    Him: “It was good, pretty long, saw lots of people though. Now basketball is on :)”
    Me: “So then it’s automatically a great day”
    Him: “Duh”

allisonh1
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 8:49 am #80776

Then that Thursday I texted him first again and invited him out with to a party that my friends were having on Friday. He responded “I should be able to go what time?” I was kind of disappointed in that response because it seemed pretty unexcited to see me. But the date/whatever it was went SO well. At one point during the night, he brought up a place that, on our first date I had mentioned that I wanted to go to, and was like “When we go to…” at least on 2 occasions during the night. I fell at some point in the night and my knee started bleeding. We ended up going back to his place where he took care of me cleaned it off for me and put a band aid on it and stuff. It was really cute. At one point, I made a comment something along the lines of “do you actually like hanging out with me” and he was like “of course I do. Why?” And I said about how his text didn’t seem really excited

allisonh1
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 8:49 am #80777

and he was like “that is me being excited. If I didn’t want to go, I wouldn’t have. I’ll just have to work on convincing you more that I like hanging out with you.” And he FINALLY kissed me and it was great and then there were moves to go further but I like pulled back and he was totally totally fine with it. And then it was like 1 am so I was like “do you want me to go” and he was like “no, not at all. Its 1 am. I’d actually be kind of insulted if you left right now.” So we cuddled literally all night. Like woke up in the morning and he pulled me closer and then when we both were awake we started kissing more and he like made a further move again and I said no again and said I was sorry and he was like “Don’t be sorry at all. That’s not a bad thing.” And then just kept cuddling for a while longer and then I left and when I left he again said the thing about doing more to convince me that he liked hanging out with me.

allisonh1
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 8:49 am #80778

When I got home, I texted him saying thanks for coming out, I had a great night and I was starting to believe he actually liked hanging out with me. He responded “Oh really now? I must have been acting too excited then 🙂 I had fun too, hope your toe is alive still” and then a little while later sent me a text saying that I had left my necklace there if I was looking for it. I responded that I didn’t even notice I was missing it, but assumed I would see him soon enough to get it back. He responded “I’ll trade you for my shirt :)” in reference to his shirt that I had worn home. He talked a little bit more and then he texted me again that night and we continued to talk. On Sunday, he texted me first again (responding to a text I had sent late on Saturday night) and we talked more. On Monday, he again texted me first, starting a new conversation, but then was kind of short towards the end of it, giving only a couple of word responses.

allisonh1
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 8:49 am #80779

On Tuesday, I texted him and started a conversation. Since Sunday, his texting has been a little bit weird as he has been pretty short at times. He always responds but sometimes will only respond “hahah” or “yeah” to which I don’t respond often and the conversation ends. He has been back and forth with this, however. For example, on Tuesday, the end of our conversation went:

Me:”Exactly. How was your day?”
    Him: “It was good, pretty long, saw lots of people though. Now basketball is on :)”
    Me: “So then it’s automatically a great day”
    Him: “Duh”

allisonh1
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 8:50 am #80780

So I did not respond to that and I have not yet heard from him. I am just confused about his style of texting—it seems very mixed signal. He will be really flirty one minute and then short the next. He hasn’t texted me since Tuesday and I would assume if he wanted to see me again, he would have texted me by this point trying to make plans for the weekend. We are both working right now, but it feels strange to me that he has not yet reached out—especially considering how well Friday night went and his response to Friday seemed very positive.