Am I overreacting? Am I jumping the gun?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• Piscesproblems22
    Participant
    July 13, 2017 at 10:52 pm #142109

So I’m the typical overthinking, emotional, always daydreaming pisces who has their ideal life planned out. I have been talking to this guy via IG for a couple of months and we have a lot of the same interest (music festivals, comics, marvel, fantasy movies..dorky stuff) we are both attracted to each other and finally decided to exchange numbers (he’s a cancer). We started talking on the phone and its been about a month since we started dating exclusively and once we shared our long term goals and things important to us and that’s where the hiccups begin. I am an animal loving fool, I come from a huge family and know pretty much how I imagine my life going forward. I have always had a house full of pets and with me coming from a large family I have always wanted at least 4 kids. He doesn’t see himself having more than 1 kid, he doesn’t see himself living with a lot of animals (he likes animals but says he doesn’t want anything to take time away from us) and we even joked about our…

Piscesproblems22
    Participant
    July 13, 2017 at 11:01 pm #142110

dream weddings & while my wedding was black tie he wants to get married in a convention center, laid back with a marvel theme (he’s super geeky). While we have fun together, he accepts my quirks, he makes me laugh, he’s sweet & all of that good stuff it bothers me that longterm our goals are totally different.He wants to eventually move to the westcoast & I want to remain close to the south (east coast) with my family.I know relationships require compromise,but I worry that we will fall in love and before you know it our relationship is crumbling due to the me ignoring the warning signs.He says “one day at a time” but if he’s set in where he would settle down & him being sure that one kid will be enough for me (he always says after one I will see) & I feel like he’s going to be upset because I won’t be willing to give up my dream life. Am I thinking to far ahead? Should this stuff worry me so early on? Should I just go with the flow? I just don’t want to feel like I’m wasting my time

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    July 14, 2017 at 5:37 pm #142250

you need to let im go. you are looking for an actor to fulfill the script you’ve written.
    he is not that actor.

you are looking for somebody to play a role, you are not looking at or for a person or interseted in people.

So either that has to change, or you have to keep looking for the “actor” that can fulfill the script and role you’ve written.