Am I overthinking?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Am I overthinking?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kirb86
    Participant
    March 31, 2017 at 9:47 pm #131792
    Am I overthinking?

ok, so I matched with this girl recently on a dating app and we talked for a couple days. Then she told me she wanted talk on the phone from now on and so I gave her my number so she could call me. She turned around and gave me her number as well and told me to call her when I was available.
    So I call her up the next day around lunch time, but got her answering machine(which gave the same name as her profile, so I know it`s a real number).
    I decide I will call her back tomorrow, so I don`t seem too eager. But when I looked at the dating app later that day, we were still matched but all her profile photos had been removed.
    I`m not sure what this means, if anything…
    Am I making mountains of molehills?

Vycor
    Participant
    April 1, 2017 at 3:56 am #131800

I think she was just trying different candidates, or worse just playing. Wait it out, if she was serious, she would seek you out.

n3000
    Participant
    April 2, 2017 at 7:56 am #131813

I would try again maybe in a day or 2. Keep it casual. you have her number so could also try and txt, its a less scary and if shes shy, will give her a bit of distance to answer back!

She probably gave you her number with the intention of talking to you, but could have got freaked out or cold feet by the dating app thing, as your never a 100% sure who the other person is, it can be a bit intimidating, and sometimes its easier for people to just not deal with it.

Another thing is , you get fake profiles sometimes. But who knows…

Just stay positve try again, dont be creepy. and never know whats going on in peoples lives!

goodluck

clev13
    clev13
    Participant
    April 2, 2017 at 8:11 pm #131821

I think she got scared off dating app because of some terrible experience with other guys. Nothing to do with you I am sure.

Text her saying lets talk when you are able to, I don’t want to freak you out.

Ale.ravelloo
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 12:47 am #131961

She probably decded to cancel her account or simply remove everything so guys stop bothering her. Maybe she got to overwhelmed with the app and the messages she received. Try texting her instead to see whats up.

bmm77
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 1:19 pm #132036

Give it a couple of days and try reaching out again. Removing her pictures most likely has nothing to do with you. Probably some creepers or she needed a break.

Sammy
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 5:40 pm #132089

Give it time. Don’t pressure yourself too much. Overthinking will have you feeling worse than before. And I highly doubt removing pictures is your fault. Just stay positive – I don’t advise reaching out to her by yourself unless you’re really up to it, because if she wasn’t playing, she would probably wanted to reach out to you first.

JaydenTayler
    Participant
    April 5, 2017 at 7:52 am #132120
    Reply To: Am I overthinking?

I think she is just try the different candidates available on dating app or may be she is fake.

Lilly82
    Participant
    April 5, 2017 at 4:14 pm #132260

Yes, don’t over think it. You could try in a few days again, but if you arent getting anywhere, move on.

pvanny1124
    Participant
    April 5, 2017 at 9:57 pm #132277

My advice: Just look for real women the old fashioned way. Dating apps are a waste of time, trust me. I’ve had more success meeting girls in the real world than swiping away on dating apps.

GazDuff
    Participant
    April 14, 2017 at 10:20 am #133258

Just wait and see, protect yourself!

andrewimecs
    Participant
    April 15, 2017 at 5:09 pm #133369

Patience is a virtue! If she liked you once when she matched with you why would she not like you again for whatever reason it is. I always over think situations and they end up being okay because we a are falling in love. Never over analyze because you will go insane.

JOe Joe
    Participant
    April 16, 2017 at 9:38 am #133377

Maybe she got scared? Or just wanted to test the app?

hs6128
    Participant
    August 4, 2017 at 3:19 am #144272

Just wait few days and text her again.

jeffgranby
    Participant
    August 4, 2017 at 11:28 am #144291

You are overthinking is for sure! Don’t be needy, she will contact you if she is interested.

1 2