am i predestined for failure here

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Switch
    Switch
    Participant
    April 28, 2015 at 9:54 pm #77975

I will try to keep this short but would like to give all the information i can so there may possibly be a continuation of my question in the comments.Anyway i am currently 18 and finishing my first year of college.i have never had a relationship with anyone. not because i don’t want to i am just very shy and don’t trust people easily. However this means that the friendships i do make are with good loyal people i can trust with almost anything once i get to know them this girl included. anyway I have been crushing on a girl since middle school. I have never told anyone though because i am in an awkward situation. This girl is kind of a family friend. simply our mothers have been friends since before either of us were born. I became good friends with this family because of this girls older brother. i essentially grew up with him(i am a year older than he)Today he sees me as a brother mainly because of going through scouts together.(we both have our eagle)

Switch
    Switch
    Participant
    April 28, 2015 at 9:56 pm #77976

Cont=> a few years ago she started hanging out with the two of us and later some of our other friends. Since then I have gotten to know her better and really like the girl. As of today if I call her and ask if she wants to go do something she doesn’t hesitate to respond and as long as she is available almost always says she would like to go. We typically enjoy the same things (music, fires, giving her brother a hard time because he’s such a try hard. I also have another issue facing me though that she is 2 years younger than I am. I will turn 19 this may and she 17 this September. While I see two years as not a big deal the law currently does. And while I do not want a sexual relationship at the moment I don’t want this to be an issue. So after thoroughly explaining my situation is it worth it to tell her how I feel? Should I do it now or wait the year and a half for her to turn 18? Any thoughts are appreciated. Ask any questions in the comment section if you have them