Am I shallow or scared.. Can physical attraction grow.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lilrav
    Participant
    June 14, 2016 at 10:36 pm #103372

Met a man online we sms every day he lives 2 hrs away from me. He makes me laugh, we want the same things in life BUT I’m just not physical attracted to him. We have had sex a couple of times and I don’t know if I was just caught up in the moment or if there was sexual chemistry there. Dont get me wrong the sex was great. But I don’t know how I feel I do not want to use this man he is a great person and he adores me he wants to give me everything I’ve ever wanted. I’ve never had a man worship me before like he does. Its usually me who gets walked on, used. So I don’t know if I’m being shallow or I’m scared because I’ve never had a man treat me like this ever before. Can physical attraction grow like the more time I spend and get to know him can it just come I’ve never been in love before I’m 36 been with plenty of man just never had the chance to fall in love. I really need some advice…

lilyvalley
    Participant
    June 14, 2016 at 10:51 pm #103373

I think you’re not attracted to him, if you were you wouldn’t be questioning this and you’d be excited to be with him. If you want to try to give it a try you can spend time with him and see if it clicks, but if after a few dates you’re not feelings it, don’t force yourself. You’re not shallow, you like who you like.

Lila23
    Participant
    June 15, 2016 at 5:36 am #103378

Attraction is one thing, but do you have feelings for him ? If feelings develop, the chances are at some point you will also feel more physically drawn to him. I would give it a chance, it may not be the type of relationship you had in mind, but it could still make you quite happy. Trust and intimacy with someone are also very precious things… but I would be honest with the guy, and tell him that emotionally/physically, you are maybe not evolving as fast as he is