Am I texting back too much?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 10:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Pickslide
    Participant
    April 8, 2017 at 8:17 am #132644

Hi,

So I recently got out of a long-term relationship (8 years, we had a child together). She was my first girlfriend. Before I met her, (when I was 25. I’m 32 now) my confidence around girls was rock bottom. I had zero confidence.

Strangely, I’m full of confidence now. I’ve done some reading up on online datings tips, and gotten back into it.

Almost a week ago, I got a girl’s number. She’s 30. We messaged for a couple of hours on day 1, and I had her number by the end of it.

Every day, she has texted me! Sometimes as soon as she wakes, and sometimes right after she finishes work. I like her, and I’m really enjoying our text exchanges. Just the other night, it went on for a couple of hours.

From reading up, its based on me texting first, so her texting first is a surprise and I dont know how to handle it.
    According to the tips I’ve read, I should only text every few days. So if I keep texting back, will I look too keen? I dont want to end up in the infamous friend zone

Pickslide
    Participant
    April 8, 2017 at 8:19 am #132645

Am I just overthinking this? Dont know if I particularly need to wait a couple of hours before texting back each time? (I did the other day, just because it was a couple of hours til I finished work).

We’ve already talked about a date, and are meeting next week, as long as she can get a babysitter.

Brotatochip11
    Brotatochip11
    Participant
    April 9, 2017 at 1:38 am #132647

I don’t play games and I hate them, so when I’m texting a girl (I’m actually in a similar situation right now and am texting a girl I really like) I will respond when I can whether it’s in a minute or a couple hours. That texting once a every couple of days thing is bs and will just make her think that you’re not interested. Just take your time and live your life without letting it control you and you won’t seem needy. The girl I’m talking to right now may be pulling the hard to get stunt and it’s pretty annoying so don’t do it to her!

Lover94
    Participant
    April 9, 2017 at 7:54 pm #132675

If you like her then text away! There’s no rules. No reason to play games if you guys are into each other

INeedAdvicexoxo
    INeedAdvicexoxo
    Participant
    April 9, 2017 at 10:18 pm #132679

Agreed

jclondon
    Participant
    April 10, 2017 at 3:44 am #132687

As long as she is texting back dont worry about it

Pickslide
    Participant
    April 10, 2017 at 8:54 am #132691

Thanks for the replies. I also really hate playing these games! But I also felt like they were hoops I had to jump through to give myself a shot…

Hope it works out for you Brotatochip. 🙂