Am I too needy or….

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Am I too needy or….

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hopelessromantic85
    Participant
    July 25, 2015 at 8:15 pm #83254
    Am I too needy or….

Hey guys! I have been dating a man with two teenage daughters for almost a year now. Typically we see each other one to two times a week. I also have two children myself. I understand that sometimes kids have to come first and I have never ever asked him to put me before his girls. Typically, when it’s time for us to see each other, if we have our kids with us that weekend, we still go ahead and visit, and just do family oriented things together. And that’s been working out great for us. Now that we have decided that we are going to move in together, I’ve noticed some changes. I’m moving me and my kids to him and I’ve been working on a house about 5 minutes away from where he is now. Painting, cleaning, etc. Anyways, he has not wanted to see me at all this week. He says he wants one on one time and that once we’re moved in together, he’s still going to take them to the movies & stuff sometimes without me and my kids. I would rather do things together as a family. Am I wrong?

himuazim
    Participant
    July 26, 2015 at 3:36 am #83262

Nice brothers best of luck really your advices nice

Thank you.

lisa1106
    Participant
    July 26, 2015 at 1:31 pm #83266

I think that you should let him have time alone with his kids. they are his, after all. I do not mean this in a bad way. You were pretty much just introduced to them, (a year) which is very hard for kids to accept. they may like you a lot, but they still need their dad to do their parenting. you should be really glad that he does this! this shows he is taking his position as their father very seriously! and probably excelling! I spend a lot of time with my dad away from my sister. he just wants to give us each our time with him. he is a very busy man, but its nice to grab a burger with him alone once in a while. he’s a great dad and is always there for us. If this is what your man is like, be happy that he loves his children and makes time for just them. A problem would be if he NEVER included you and your children in any activities whatsoever. Is this the case?

lolaHarmony
    Participant
    July 26, 2015 at 7:39 pm #83274

I agree with Lisa