Am I ugly?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Am I ugly?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 6:14 pm #61093
    Am I ugly?

Ok so skipping past all the details, let me start by saying I grew up in a wealthy family. When I was younger I had no issues meeting girls. Now I am completely independent / distanced from my family. Over the past 5 years (I am 24 now) I have been focusing on building up my life with little to no time to meet girls. Now I am trying to meet someone I can connect with and I decided to try some phone dating apps (OKCupid, POF, and tinder). I have had little to no success. This is leading me to believe that physically I am unattractive, which is fine. But if thats the case I need to know so I can change my approach. Dont worry about hurting my feelings, you wont. Please respond with a 1-10 scale rating and any additional comments you want to add. Here are the photos on my dating profile (In the order they are displayed):
    http://i62.tinypic.com/scq3px.jpg
    http://i60.tinypic.com/2hcf2c9.jpg
    http://i58.tinypic.com/2eydtmh.jpg
    http://i62.tinypic.com/t6p3r8.jpg

AdamS
    Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 7:14 pm #61207

In my opinion,
    confidence if everything. There’s a recent video on YT where people dressed themselves in fat suits, or acne masks and crap like that but went up to girls, were confident about themselves and managed to get their numbers.
    Your bio is fine, it’s great in fact, however in my honest opinion, you won’t get anywhere with apps that help you with dating.
    Get out there, on the streets, and the results will be much better.

Brutus777
    Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 7:26 pm #61218

Well in my opinion, no. It should not matter what your look like. It is all about confidence! Maybe trying having different approaches too. What I would do is go a coffee shop before work, go the gym or the bar after work, to get best results.

Participant
    September 10, 2014 at 8:36 am #61220

Thanks for the feedback but the reason why I was asking was because on these dating apps where they are quite superficial, my results are definitely low compared to most other people (basing this one conversations I’ve overheard and posts I’ve read online).

I can’t stand the bar scene. Coffee makes me sick. I do go to the gym (regularly) but when I do I get so focused on my workout I don’t even notice anyone around me. Also between college and my professional career, my time is pretty contained. I am interested in meet girls but I will not stop doing the things that make me happy (outdoor activities and exercising) so I can make time to go places and look for them.

Participant
    September 10, 2014 at 8:36 am #61223

Thanks for the feedback but the reason why I was asking was because on these dating apps they are quite superficial, my results (1-2 matches per week) are definitely low compared to most other people (basing this one conversations I’ve overheard and posts I’ve read online).

I can’t stand the bar scene. Coffee makes me sick. I do go to the gym (regularly) but when I do I get so focused on my workout I don’t even notice anyone around me. Also between college and my professional career, my time is pretty contained. I am interested in meet girls but I will not stop doing the things that make me happy (outdoor activities and exercising) so I can make time to go places and look for them.

Instinct101
    Participant
    September 12, 2014 at 2:58 am #61832

I haven’t even read your story yet. The answer is no. Not to everyone, but to some. As can be said of us all.

TheHype
    Participant
    September 12, 2014 at 12:38 pm #61870

Na dude. theres uglier dudes, just ditch that costume pic. Girls only seem to care for confidence and then looks.

SashaC
    Participant
    September 12, 2014 at 8:01 pm #61907

confidence is King! And someone will find you attractive

Anonymous
    September 13, 2014 at 10:38 am #61910

It should not matter what you look like.

September 14, 2014 at 9:21 am #61938
    Reply To: Am I ugly?

Not ugly imo. Personality is first, then looks.

kevin8878
    kevin8878
    Participant
    September 15, 2014 at 2:27 am #61964

no you’re average. just need confidence

DanteDMC
    DanteDMC
    Participant
    September 16, 2014 at 9:47 am #62021

Love yourself. Learn, read books, be an interesting conversationalist, and then you will not be thinking about such nonsense. No, you’re not ugly! And go to the gym, Increase self-esteem

September 17, 2014 at 7:45 pm #62080

i hate that word

i hope you realize that ‘ugly’ was invented… it is not a real thing

ellominero18
    Participant
    September 17, 2014 at 10:23 pm #62084

you are not

Yung_Benji
    Yung_Benji
    Participant
    September 18, 2014 at 10:56 am #62141

I’m a guy actually, but anyways.

You look good. I I was a girl, I’d probably wouldn’t reject you ONLY because of how you look. So yeah, you’ve passed this.

All depends on who you really are now, how you talk, and if you’re an interesting person in total. Also, I believe you should look more classy. It appeals to you.

1 2 3