AM I Wrong?  Or did he lead me on?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

AM I Wrong? Or did he lead me on?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:36 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

shortycjd
    Participant
    December 18, 2012 at 1:56 pm #18996
    AM I Wrong? Or did he lead me on?

Here’s the deal.

I meet this guy online line. He gave me number and I called him. And we REALLY hit it off. We talked for 4 hours one night and 5 hours the next night….

Then we met in person and it was a little awyward at first but I think it warmed up toward the end…

So when we were leaving he says… ” Call me when you get home from your Christmas PArty” I say ” Well I don’t know how late it’ll be” He says ” That’s Ok sweetie Call me”

So I was like – Ok maybe this went ok. Then just to boost his ego I sent him a text that said ” Oh I forgot to tell you that you hae pretty eyes ” To which he responds ” Thank’s beautiful”

So I’m thinking this is heading in a positive direction until I call him that night and he doesn’t answer (which is ok because it was late) but that was Saturday and he not called me back yet..

Why aske me to call him if he was going to give me the brush off? Why respond to my text compliment with compliment if he is not interested..

I do not get it…

abigail
    abigail
    Participant
    December 18, 2012 at 4:53 pm #19042

I think you’re over analyzing everything a bit too much. Sure he didn’t answer to what he promised with the late night pick up but it’s not like he forgot it was your grandparent’s funeral or something. He really doesn’t “owe” you anything just yet-you just started seeing each other.

If he doesn’t text back within the 5 minutes he said he would or doesn’t call back within the hour he promised, don’t take it too personal. Although you’re interested in getting to know him and you want the attention, it’s not gonna happen so easily. Guys don’t think those little gestures are a big deal so stop worrying so much about those little things because all you’re doing is putting more stress on yourself when you could be enjoying your day away from your phone or computer.

One more thing, I’m sure since your online dating site says you’ve met a great match, you’re eager to jump his bones and see if this is a fairy tale waiting to come true-well be careful, stay logical and don’t go head over heels so soon. It’s probably easier said than done, but easy girl, he’s still a stranger!

sphinx_s
    sphinx_s
    Participant
    December 19, 2012 at 11:27 am #19073

Yea it shouldn’t get to your head, you two just met!!

I’m sure you just wanna know if this is worth your while but you really can’t assume within the early stages of your new relationship. Let these little things go because you shouldn’t stress so much when you barely know the dude. Go on a couple more dates and then ask yourself if you really like him for who HE is, not just his texting/calling habits.

You never know, he might have a lot on his plate with work or school or friends…just gotta wait to find out! patience patience patience!

pseudogf
    Participant
    December 20, 2012 at 11:31 am #19171

Why aske me to call him if he was going to give me the brush off? Why respond to my text compliment with compliment if he is not interested..

I do not get it…

I don’t see this like a red flag that you can automatically say “he’s not interested” He obviously wanted to keep in touch and although he forgot to answer, you shouldn’t label him as a player. good luck