Amazing guy, but zero attraction so far

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

datinglola
    datinglola
    Participant
    November 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm #156856

I recently met a guy who treats me super well, better than any other I’ve ever dated. He’s kind, thoughtful, helpful, caring, sweet and attentive. I talk to him for hours every day on the phone. We’ve only been out twice in person. When I did see him, I found him totally unattractive. He doesn’t have a nice body and doesn’t know how to take care of himself. He is trying to improve and has already asked me for pointers. The second time I saw him, he got waaaayyyyy too drunk and acted like a complete idiot. He said a bunch of harmless but really stupid things. I don know if he’s nervous (he thinks I’m gorgeous and exactly what he wants) or if he is just like that. He apologised for it the next day, but i was annoyed and didn’t want to speak to him again. We ended up speaking again and now I don’t know what to do. I still don’t find him attractive, but i’m worried that I’ll never meet someone who treats me as well as he does. Help!!!

• This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by datinglola datinglola.

Gib1587
    Participant
    November 17, 2017 at 10:03 pm #156881

If you don’t find him physically attractive fine, but are you attracted to him? Doesn’t sound like you genuinely are to me and that’s ok. I met someone 2 years ago who I didn’t find attractive at all and now I do so things can change. Trick is to not rush it. If you don’t feel like you like him, give yourself permission to. Never lower standards.

ktmiller222
    Participant
    November 20, 2017 at 9:15 am #156894

Follow your gut

qmusclelover
    qmusclelover
    Participant
    November 20, 2017 at 6:17 pm #157014

I agree follow your instinct

missmaris
    Participant
    November 25, 2017 at 1:50 am #157338

Whilst attraction is important try and look beyond the looks. Looks are only skin deep and you already said he treats you like no one has.
    So he got drunk. If its a one off then don’t worry, everyone does that at some point in time. We all make mistakes. Maybe he was a little nervous because you were beautiful and he felt insecure. Give it a little more time and get to know him. You never know.