Any chance?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Any chance?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Elcamino84
    Participant
    July 11, 2014 at 4:23 pm #57252
    Any chance?

So I met this woman about 8 weeks ago. We hit it of really well. Everything seemed to be going great and moving along. We were out last night and had what seemed like a really great time. We made plans for Saturday which I was really looking forward to. This morning she sent a text saying she had thought about it some and just didn’t have the feelings she thought she should by this point and didn’t want to waste my time.

I appreciate her honesty but I was caught pretty off guard. The thing is I hadn’t met anyone I liked this much in years and was really falling for her. She’s said she hasn’t had a relationship in years and I wonder if she may be afraid of committing. Is there any way, with some time and space, to get another shot at this. I know the bulk of the advice will be just to move on but I can’t shake the feeling that there was something special about this one.

teez23
    Participant
    July 11, 2014 at 8:20 pm #57313

Give it some time (months) .. Try to contact her again but dude really just move on. Don’t waste your time on people who doesn’t want it

Steven
    Steven
    Participant
    July 12, 2014 at 6:56 am #57321

Its hard to move on when you anchored your heart with her. I know you want to be sure there that its over before turning away.
    You’re right – her issue may be commitment or then again it may be incompatibility. My advice would be to try opening up communications. Without sounded wounded, explain that you respect her feelings and like her as a person. Ask her if she would be open to a friendship without the romance. If she’s willing, just say something like “OK great. Talk to you soon.” and back away. After a few days ask her on a non date activity and work on cultivating the friendship. Then its up to nature.

Wiseguy22
    Participant
    July 13, 2014 at 12:27 am #57337

Ignore her. People want what they cant have. Make yourself unavailable, and be patient. Hopefully ya left off as friends. If you were already too nice, there’s a chance ya won’t hear from her again.
    Good luck

rex74972
    Participant
    July 13, 2014 at 1:29 am #57339

I’ve done the same thing. Just do what she wants. If she wants you, she’ll come back.

gyac10
    Participant
    July 13, 2014 at 7:14 pm #57349

Give it sometime. A lot of girls get confused with their feelings and go hot and cold. Don’t contact her too much. Leave her alone for a while then try one more time in a few weeks. If that doesn’t work, move on

Elcamino84
    Participant
    July 14, 2014 at 8:49 am #57342

Thanks guys. I feel like I left things cordial with her. I said It was really nice getting to know her and I respected her for being honest about her feelings. That was it. My plan is to move on as best as I can. Either I will meet someone else or the distance will do us good.

Thanks

Anonymous
    July 14, 2014 at 3:55 pm #57426

Forget about her. You will be better off without her. Don’t make someone a priority when they only make you an option.

erica1
    Participant
    July 15, 2014 at 5:34 am #57461

Just move on dude! There are plenty of fish in the sea. Respect her honesty and let her go. It doesnt make sense to give another shot. If she is really interested in you, she will come back..

CadenceMarcl
    Participant
    July 16, 2014 at 4:38 pm #57635
    Reply To: Any chance?

I think that you should try to find an other girl but not leave her back completely. If in about a year she hasn’t told you that she was wrong then she wasn’t afraid of a relationship. Or else if you are almost sure she is the one talk to her about it be open

Anonymous
    July 16, 2014 at 8:19 pm #57641

she dont want it

ptb415
    Participant
    July 20, 2014 at 12:24 am #57836

That’s really rough. But I would move on.

bleeker23
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 10:07 pm #57910

I would just give her a little time to work through whatever she’s feeling. I would just give her her space. Sometimes women heat and cool on a guy on and off for no good reason. Best of luck

Buckeye419
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 3:10 am #57913

Go for it!

Cathy812
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 12:09 pm #57941

It sounds like she needs time to think about things and realise what she wants if she did have feelings for you give her some space. Maybe a week or two if she doesn’t contact you drop her a text 🙂

1 2