DATING ADVICE FORUM

Any chance of saving this relationship?

Author
    Comments

• alabamadan
    Participant
    February 28, 2017 at 6:17 pm #128589
    Any chance of saving this relationship?

My ex broke up with me on Saturday after 2 months of a lovely relationship as I was too harsh while arguing and pushed many of his buttons on Friday.

He started by saying that he decided to break up with me on the way to my place, but then it was difficult to do so after he saw me. I told him I can’t be with someone who is indifferent about being with me. He said he doesn’t want a committed relationship. At night we were supposed to have dinner (initial plan before the breakup). I invited him over saying we need a better break up. When he came I told him I respect his decision, I would rather him be happy and we are friends. We had a good time, hugged, flirted about our past sexual interactions but nothing more.

Sunday he texted me to say thank you. We texted back and forth about our day with many laughter. On Monday I usually text him before and after his game. I didn’t contact him I wanted him to miss me. But he texted me saying he likes my whatsapp profile photo choice,

alabamadan
    Participant
    February 28, 2017 at 6:20 pm #128590

…always like that look in my eyes. I had mentioned to him I was at a dinner with a friend wearing high heels. He jokingly asked if that dinner was with a guy. I didn’t respond. He said he missed hearing a word I use a lot.etc… it was fun, full of laughter.
    I felt like he is missing me. Is he just lonely? We were texting and talking every day before the breakup.
    I know he is active on tinder now. I am scared of being replaced. He is a great catch.
    I am thinking of texting him on my way home tomorrow saying that I am driving by and if I can stop by his place to drop off his stuff too. I am planning to look good. I don’t know what to say to him but I just want see how he will look into my eyes and if there is any chance there. What do you think?

helenabeee
    Participant
    February 28, 2017 at 7:09 pm #128593

What you guys are doing sounds a lot like flirting. Now, I don’t know if he misses you, if he’s lonely, or maybe if it’s a little bit of both. I don’t even know, if he knows. What I do know is what you’re doing right now isn’t fair to yourself.

You need to have an honest and calm conversation with him. Tell him how you feel, ask him how he feels and respect whatever answer you get. Make it clear to him, that you can’t be together unless he is sure, he wants to be with you. If he can’t give you the answer you want, you got to calmly and in a nice way cut the contact. Nothing good rarely comes from “staying friends”.

Good luck with everything.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    March 1, 2017 at 1:40 am #128600

its rebound. happens after every break-up. you go from somebody always there to being alone so you reach out to ahtever is most available, convenient, to fill the void. and tha’ts each other right now. this is why many couples break up, back together, break up, back toghether.

its rebound only.