Any Guys That Could Offer Insight : In a situation when you say I Love You..

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:33 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SweetChameleon14
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 8:11 pm #57997

In what could be a potentially life threatening situation, should we believe it? Someone I have been on and off with for almost a year and a half was in such a situation a couple (about 2) months ago. He told me that he loved me and he was sorry if he made me feel as if he didn’t and that he loves me more than I could ever possibly know.

HOWEVER (you knew it was coming) he hasn’t mentioned it since and he is hot and cold. He always has been hot and cold (meaning things are great for a while and then he falls off the earth or pulls back).

We’ve been through a LOT together. I can tell he cares, but getting him to vocalize it and STICK to it is like fighting a toddler to go to sleep when you KNOW they’re damn near about to pass out. Should I take what he said as truth? As a male, why would you be so hot and cold with someone?

ColdIceWater
    Participant
    July 23, 2014 at 1:50 am #58013

Are you saying you were in a life threatening situation and he told you he loved you? If so that was very nice of him, and it seems like it gave you strength.

Sounds like you guys are young (under 25) and he is acting like a typical young male. If you know he is having a problem trying to confess his love for you I think the worst thing you could do is harass him into admitting it.

Being hot and cold with someone has been a proven way to manipulate them into going crazy over you. However I do not think he has done any research on this matter. I think he is just being a young man who has no clue what he wants, and in the process its driving you crazy. I think he probably meant he loved you when he said it. But things tend to change over time. Just because he meant it then does not mean he meant it forever.

hopelesspanzy24
    Participant
    July 23, 2014 at 2:10 am #58017

imo..

it could be a number of things. mainly it just seems that he is insecure. He probably says that he loves you because he really does. but he might be scared about what could happen if you guys ever ended. Stressing on what if. Kind of like knowing you love someone so much that you would not know what to do if you lost that person… And what he is thinking now… almost inferring or just predicting what could happen later down the road. Just SAYING!

also one other theory is that he doesn’t want to get hurt by you because of how amazing you are to him. which seems to be very genuine. Are you a overly attractive lady? Perhaps that may be a reason as well. Ever heard of the song Beautiful by sean kingston? that might be it too. haha

just my insight good luck and hope i helped out a bit! ( :

SweetChameleon14
    Participant
    July 24, 2014 at 8:38 am #58086

No HE was in the life threatening situation (was a false alarm). He has said it once before but was intoxicated a wee bit. This was the only time that he didn’t have liquid courage. I can tell he cares, definitely; however sometimes he falls back. I’m 26 and he is 25 ( he has a late birthday).

SweetChameleon14
    Participant
    July 24, 2014 at 8:39 am #58087

I had submitted a comment not too long ago, but it looks like it didn’t post. Ah well:

*I* wasn’t in the life-threatening situation, HE was (turns out it was a false alarm — medical situation). He has said it to me once before, but he had a bit of liquid courage (he wasn’t drunk, he did have a buzz though). I never called him out on either time, I just brushed it off. I can tell he cares, definitely; however, it seems like when he notices that he is starting to act lovey dovey, that’s when he falls back. It’s been 1.5 years on-and-off, but I’m just trying to get a read on this guy without the dreaded, “we need to talk”…good lord knows that would have him running for the hills lol

I’m 26 and he is 25 btw (his birthday is late in the year, he’ll be 26 this year).