Any hope?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Any hope?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:51 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DKing3
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 2:42 pm #73678
    Any hope?

Anyone on here just feel like there is no hope for them in a relationship? I mean I have talked to girls and every single one I think is going to work out someone seems like it comes back to bite me. Think there REALLY is somebody for everybody?

confuseddater111
    Participant
    February 21, 2015 at 8:56 pm #73870

I hope so!!!

jasongriffin
    Participant
    February 22, 2015 at 4:43 pm #73890

sometimes I feel that way

CastleInSky
    Participant
    March 1, 2015 at 6:19 pm #74436

My best friend disagrees with me on this.
    He believes that everyone needs someone, and that there is someone for everyone.
    I do not believe that there is someone for everyone, and I believe that some people are just “meant” to be alone.
    That tough stance is hard to swallow when you would really like someone, and yet the cosmos seems to have branded you as Single Forever.
    I usually start out really hopeful, too, and it then fails in some horrible way. Half the time I continue to believe that someone out there is gonna make it happen, and the other half of the time I feel like giving up because I can’t seem to find that match. My “hope” seems to vacillate.

Maybe, like me, you are the sort who really tries and is really accepting of others; you want it to work and you’re pretty flexible. But it takes two… Just keep your best shining through. Stay positive. If you really want someone, keep trying. There will be failures, but there must statistically be success as well 🙂

CastleInSky
    Participant
    March 1, 2015 at 6:23 pm #74437

Of course, my username is not exactly the most positive… haha. Whoops! But it doesn’t have to do with relationships, necessarily.

KingSodapop
    Participant
    March 1, 2015 at 8:15 pm #74443

You’ve just gotta keep your chin up. Not everything is going to work out the way you want it to, and yeah, that sucks, but you’ve just got to stick it out. The sun shines brightest after a storm. It’ll all have been worth it once you do find someone.

TheTodd28
    Participant
    March 4, 2015 at 11:02 am #74645

I’m sorta glad I’m not the only one out there that feels this way. After years on dating sites and blind dates….I’ve begun to wonder “what’s wrong with me.” It’s easy to feel hopeless, but at least there are a lot of people here who can empathize with you. Let them come to you and never give up!

lindav
    Participant
    March 4, 2015 at 11:15 am #74668

Yep same here! Either they don’t like me and now I’ve gotten a little better in getting them to like me (I might have acted a bit overenthusiastic around guys i liked in the past…) then in the end they turn out to be emotionally unavailable or something like that! And everytime I have to tell myself: there are others out there… there are others out there… If only you could know where and when you are meeting your next love, it would put so much pressure off of this whole thing!