DATING ADVICE FORUM

Apprecation & Gratitude Question

Author
    Comments

• fitzy2016
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 5:09 pm #110003
    Apprecation & Gratitude Question

How would you feel if you sent your significant other (not being gender specific here, because I know it can go both ways) something sweet & thoughtful through text & they made no acknowledgement of it when you heard back from them?

Example. You send a sweet & well thought out text. Nothing too long, mushy or deep, just something meaningful that’s meant to speak to their heart, brighten their day & make them feel thought of. I’m not saying there’s an expectation of a response similar to what was sent, because there’s not, what’s sent is sent with sincerity and not an attempt to fish for attention. However is it wrong to feel as though a simple mention of it is out of line? Perhaps a little appreciation or gratitude shown such as “thank you that was thoughtful” or “thank you that was very sweet” something to make you feel like what you took the time to express & send was appreciated and not like it wasn’t worthy of even a mention.

daisy123
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 11:17 pm #110307

Not quite sure what your relationship is like but I would not worry about it. No expectations no loss. But I personally (because it’s my personality) to respond to all texts, doesn’t make this person not caring. That’s the problem of texts is you don’t know if they saw it and what was their initial reaction to myself text?

Move on and pretend like it didn’t happen and then if it happens again maybe say something. Good luck!