Approaching problems!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Approaching problems!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:58 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Avalanche
    Participant
    March 30, 2017 at 1:49 pm #131637
    Approaching problems!

Help me with the approaching! 🙂

Hi guys, I need your help with this one. There is girl in my college, we dont have any classes together. When I see her, I always catch her looking at me. Now I want to approach her, but I just dont know how. Sometimes we meet on the corridor, or we travel in the elevator, but we dont say hello, since we barely know each other.
    She is beautiful and confident, and I just dont want to mess anything up if I approach her. I was advised to initiate a talk, to comment on some random stuff or just to ask something, but for me it is wierd, and the situation is also not comfortable to ask something just from all the sudden. I have no idea what to say, how to initiate anything, in order not to make myself look like a psycho yet to get closer to her.
    What do you say guys, girls?

n3000
    Participant
    April 2, 2017 at 8:04 am #131814

Next time your, standing next to her or cross her path. Just say something very casual and easy to break the ice. Even just ‘hey how are you’ or ‘hey, did you see ….something about college’ anything really. this will start a converstaion and then you can build from there. Even if the first interaction is very brief, it will make it easier next time you see her.

Your at the same collage there is no pressure, you also have a lot of things to talk about…teachers, other students, classes anything really.

Just go for it! it can be really nerve raking, but its worth it….as you never know she might just be waiting for you to say something!

Trust me, if you dont you’ll regret it !

jess
    Participant
    April 3, 2017 at 2:16 pm #131911

I agree with n3000, like you’re both studying so there is bound to be something you can talk about! Keep a positive mind and go for it! Girls understand that it can be a little nerve wracking, but go for it! You never know, she may feel the same way back?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 12:06 pm #132024

small talk.. small talk.. small talk.
    look back, meet eyes.. smile.. say ‘hi’.. ask her how she’s doing today.
    what really helps is to notice something about her and comment on it (it doens’t have to be a compliment at all…)

ex. i had gotten into watches after not wearing a watch for years. and so i did a lot of looking on amazon etc. well an office mate (really cool.. really cute – but not somebody i wanted to date).. i just so happened to notice her watdh and i said, “cool watch! what is it and where did you find it?”

BOOM. we were talking for like 30 mins or so and haveing a great time. she never fails to notice me and give me an enthusiastic “hey!” when i’m in her office or area again helping others.

if i saw her as somebody i wanted to date, we were both single, we kept talking more.. then maybe that wouldve lead to an easy “ask out” for a date at some point.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 12:09 pm #132025

oh btw.. if oyu’re not feeling comfy.. yo don’t have to do it all at once.. build it up.. ramp it up.
    maybe starts with meeting eyes and smiling a coulpe times
    then maybe you transition that to “hi”
    then maybe it’s a “hi… how are you doing today?”
    then maybe “hi.. how was your weekend?”

but.. since she’s arleady eyeing you.. ideally youc an do it all at once.. (that’s always best.. to show confidence and self-assuredness).

Blaze
    Blaze
    Participant
    April 5, 2017 at 11:32 am #132167

Start practicing your approach with everyone you meet until it becomes easy to talk to everyone.
    Start simple, smile at people and they will smile back.
    Say hello and the ones that are interested in talking to you will say hello back.
    Ask them how their day is going. It’s a beautiful day out isn’t it? Like the other posters start with small talk.

Be the man and say hello to her. You already know she is interested in talking to you because she is looking at you. It sounds like you truly want to get to know her more. Tell her that. I would love to get to know you some more. When would you be free to get some drinks, dinner, etc?

Go for it, it is what you want!