Are Facebook Messages Creepy?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

n37x
    Participant
    December 24, 2013 at 4:22 am #45277

Is it weird to engage a girl for the first time via Facebook chat? She just caught my eye and we’re on break now (I think I caught hers as well). Ima make a move after we get back to college in a few weeks… But right now, I’m dealing with an ex (from home, been apart for like a year), my girl best friend (from college, we’re prolly a lil’ too comfortable for the fact that she has a fiance) and another friend (from college) told me she wants to try FWB.

Since I’ve rarely been home in the last 2 years of college, I’m here mostly for family, and I don’t have all my close guy friends here with me to distract me from all the different emotions that are being dumped on me, and I’d kinda just like to enjoy a conversation with a girl right now lol.

Granted, I’m really smooth in person and would like to use that to my advantage, come out of nowhere and sweep her off her feet, and my Facebook is grossly neglected (unflattering pics abound), so I’m leaning towards just sucking it up…

thewingsoffreedom
    thewingsoffreedom
    Participant
    December 25, 2013 at 9:18 am #45288

I don’t think it’s creepy at all

morrisphilco
    Participant
    December 25, 2013 at 9:57 pm #45292

I agree, not creepy

Ashx88
    Participant
    December 27, 2013 at 11:51 am #45392

Just converse with her, it cannot go wrong.

bugslife
    bugslife
    Participant
    December 28, 2013 at 11:20 pm #45412

Don’t you think you ought to clean up all the other drama you have going on before you drag another into it? Seriously…..way too many for you to be considering anyone else

SS
    Participant
    December 29, 2013 at 8:23 pm #45415

A friendly conversation really isn’t that creepy

blankcanary
    Participant
    January 5, 2014 at 1:15 am #45833

It doesn’t seem creepy. But you do seem to have way too much on your plate. Maybe wait a little longer before pursuing her better.