Ask a friend out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Ask a friend out

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 11:24 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Twinkle_4
    Participant
    June 17, 2017 at 7:15 am #139805
    Ask a friend out

I have known this guy for some years . He is a good friend of mine and we have been flirting on and off. But no formal date or something till now.
    I was planning to ask him out . Is it OK to ask him out after knowing him all these years ??

I asked him if he is seeing anyone . He said he is seeing a girl for over a month now and he guessed my intention of asking this question. He said it’s nothing serious , still waiting for the significant other . So , I wished him everything should turns l out good for him with this someone .

I wanted to tell him in a funny way that ‘ I should join the line or should have approached a month earlier ‘giving him a hint that if everything goes south with this someone he is seeing ,he can ssk me out .But will it look desperate if I say so ?

trapjaw
    Participant
    June 17, 2017 at 3:24 pm #139814

dating good friends you have to weigh the pros and cons. You have to realize if it doesn’t work that you will lose a friend

Kenneth87
    Kenneth87
    Participant
    June 18, 2017 at 10:58 am #139833

How well do you know him if you had to ask him if he was seeing anyone?
    It’s definitely not the best time to be asking him out. You know him better however. If he is faced with choosing between the girl he is already dating and you, would he feel obligated to turn you down simply because he’s in a relationship? I know I would in his situation.

If you have a gut feeling that tells you he’s not just trying to spare your feelings when he says it’s nothing serious with the other girl, I’d say you should find a way to go for it. Take a good long honest look however, if you’re in love with the guy then one’s gut feeling tends to be out of whack.

As trapjaw mentioned though. Going back to being friends is going to be tough or impossible.

ZY
    Participant
    June 18, 2017 at 5:08 pm #139841

I would say this is not a good time to ask at all. Plus, it’s always better to get to the point where he really wants to ask you out. If you want to take a chance with this guy then keep flirting, don’t ask him on a date. Just see how he response to flirting, if he invites you anywhere as friends. If he does, then maybe flirt a little more during, if not he is probably not feeling it.

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    June 20, 2017 at 2:37 pm #140082

Honestly, I would flirt with him if he flirts back, he is interested in you. He is only seeing this girl, so he is not alone.I am sure he don’t ask you out because he might be afraid that you will reject him and then you’re friendship might be on the line. You can clearly see it is not going to work out with this girl. You need to ask him before he does find someone else then it will be too late. Women ask guys out all the time they are very aggressive nowadays. Just tell him straight out. You know the reason I flirt with you because I really like you, I really want to go on a date with you But if it doesn’t work out I still want to be friends we can see where it might lead too. Just remember, a lot of relationships start off as friends.

adamrsmith120
    adamrsmith120
    Participant
    June 20, 2017 at 11:54 pm #140135

At this point, he knows you are interested. He knows that you want to go out with him. You’ve put yourself in a really good position. You’ve developed a strong friendship which will lead to feeling for each other. Yes, I said for each other. But you need to make sure you don’t screw it up at this point. Here’s what you do:
    1. When you see him next, ask him if he wants to grab dinner/ice cream this friday for some sort of chance to talk and really get to know each other.
    If he says, yes, set the date.
    If he says no, not right now, here is what you say, “No problem, you’re probably busy? Would Saturday be better for you?” If he stills says no, then say, no worries, I would love to chat with you sometime. Let’s get together sometime next week. Then work to set the date with him.

You have to give him a chance. You have be a little bit more flirty. You have to be MORE interested and interesting. That’s the trick. Good luck!