Ask For Her Number Through Facebook Messenger?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

swillman
    Participant
    April 27, 2015 at 2:00 am #77925

So basically this girl was at a party, who I knew through work and I think we hit it off. I didn’t get her number, but she accepted my Facebook request so I can always contact her through that. I’m mainly concerned that she’ll be weirded out and things would be awkward between us at work if I just contact her out of the blue. Is something like the following ok to send through messenger?

So I’d normally do this in person, but I’m not sure when I’ll run into you again. I really enjoyed talking to you the other night and I was hoping we could get together sometime. If you’re up for it, call or text me on xxxx xxx xxx.

I just can’t man up and send it to her, any comments greatly appreciated.

Bhoffman
    Participant
    April 28, 2015 at 2:01 am #77947

If it’s a last resort then what do you really have to lose, you can’t do anything else. If you end up using Facebook after you make sure you have no other option and you don’t get any sort of positive response then just try again if you ever see her in person again.

infamissg
    Participant
    April 28, 2015 at 9:49 pm #77973

If a guy asked me for my number out of the blue after a party, it’s a 50/50 I would give him my number. First, just talk to her through facebook and say Hey _______,. and then just have small talks and ask her how she is, and this and that. What she’s up to .. and I feel like MOST THE TIME if there’s an agenda .. chances are, the girl is going to give you her number. Like for example, “hey have you tried this new place that opened up?! You wanna go, i’ll take you :)?” And then she would say “yes” or “no” if she’s interested.. and be like “cool, give me your number and i’ll text you”….rather than say, “hey what’s your number”. You know what I mean?.. lol take it slow man, just chill.. don’t rush things.

axelsson
    Participant
    May 1, 2015 at 1:35 am #78233

If there is no there way to meet her in person again, then go for it

TPJ2925
    Participant
    May 3, 2015 at 3:41 pm #78351

I agree, go for it if that’s the only option.