Asked a girl out and…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Asked a girl out and…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:50 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

novice101
    Participant
    April 21, 2016 at 11:21 pm #98439
    Asked a girl out and…

Hi,

So, I asked a girl in my college English class if she would go to a nearby theme park with me, and she enthusiastically said “sure.” I already had her number, and we both had to look at our work schedules, so I said I’d text her later, this was all yesterday afternoon. So today I text her and ask if she was free to go this Sunday, but she has to work, and then she said “maybe we could all go [our friends from class] soon.” I wasn’t sure what to say to that, so I just said “ok, some other time” and now I think I messed up. My intention was for this to be a date, but I guess she thought I was asking if she’d come with a group. I’ve liked her since we first met, but she had a boyfriend then, so I settled with being her friend. But, a week or two ago she referred to the guy as her ex so I decided to try asking her out. I’m not sure how to proceed, so I could really use some advice from anyone, please? Should I just tell her that I wanted for just the two of us to go? Thanks

soniccats
    Participant
    April 22, 2016 at 1:38 am #98441

Hmm…as a girl, I would get a little bit offended if you just cancelled on me because I suggested we go with friends! It could be that she was just nervous and would have felt more comfortable in a group setting. I would try going as a group if that is what she wants so you can hang out and get to know her more, and then if she continuously suggests bringing friends every time you want to hang out with her, that may be a sign that she isn’t into you. Of course, you could always be straight up and tell her your thoughts depending on your confidence level! Good luck!