Asked a girl out and got an ambiguous answer (16 yo)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:28 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

FeyJet
    Participant
    May 20, 2016 at 12:29 pm #100863

OK so long story short I asked this girl in my school out via text. I asked( on thursday) if she would like to have dinner with me tomorrow or saturday when she is available. She read my message and after 10-15 mins replied to me” I am going on a trip with my family this weekend so some other time” (FYI Th,Fri is no school)
    Now my problem isn’t whether she is lying or not, because she is most likely telling the truth. But I can’t really tell if she is undecided or wants to go out with me or not. Her saying some other time is an indication that she wants to go out with me, but not saying anything about tomorrow ( or today Friday as of now) makes me think that she doesn’t want to go out with me.
    I would be happier if she replied with a simple ” No” but this way I am confused. Should I go and ask to have a tlak with her on monday at school, or if this is an obvious rejection would it be better for me to not bother her at all? I feel as if she just didn’t want to break my heart.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    May 20, 2016 at 2:30 pm #100873

Don’t text her again, if she’s interested she’ll wait for you to text and mention going out again and when you don’t she’ll text you. This way you can test her interest in you. Good luck

EmmaSwan
    EmmaSwan
    Participant
    May 23, 2016 at 9:15 am #100954

16 year olds just want to have fun dude!!! Wait till after college to get someone serious and even then its doubtful. Just have fun with other girls dude. Ask them all out you have nothing to lose except your virginity… Your decency… Your parents respect but youll be ok. 😉