Asked Ladies Out, Never Been on First Date…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DCM
    DCM
    Participant
    December 12, 2014 at 10:17 pm #69132

I’ve asked many ladies to a date in which initially both I and her were interested in possibly starting a relationship. But for some odd reason, they always end the first date before it even begins. 🙁 The last time this happened was this past week in which I met a lady who seemed interested in me. We had a long conversation with each other in which we seemed to got along with each other pretty well. At the end of the full conversation, I ask her on a first date, she accepts, and everything is going well.

… Then I follow up with her on e-mail to see if she’s still available for lunch, and she responded and said she wasn’t interested in dating me in the first place. She said she was only trying to be friendly with me, and nothing more. I then asked her, “Well… Would you like to have lunch anyways to see if anything works out? Or can we at least just be friends?” and she never responded… I felt pretty torn up by it all.

Why can I never have a first date?

pearl01
    Participant
    December 13, 2014 at 4:13 pm #69138

Hi, how much time between her accepting the date and you emailing her? unfortunately you lost her and it’s time to move on, my advise would be to never ever communicate via email.. texting for snap chat and flirting and close the deal my talking on the phone let her know that you’re interested in getting to know her.

Johnbob
    Participant
    December 14, 2014 at 7:48 pm #69156

If I can just add a little to this, something that can work, and avoid as much disappointment, is to make sure, when interacting for the first time, that you leave her plenty of opportunities to leave or end the conversation politely if she wants to, and make sure it’s not always you starting the conversation, asking for her number, asking her to dance etc. If she’s the one who does any of these things, you can be much more sure that she’s interesting in pursuing some kind of relationship and not waste your time on people who unintentionally lead you on or are afraid to be honest with you. Don’t worry though, mate, it’ll happen eventually. These others who backtrack after accepting a date aren’t worth your time.