DATING ADVICE FORUM

Asking a Girl Out…

Author
    Comments

• anon2015101
    Participant
    July 5, 2017 at 12:28 am #141299
    Asking a Girl Out…

I don’t doubt that people have come here a lot for this. I’ll spare you the details about why I want to ask her out. I’m 16 and she is likely not older then 17, and probably is 16 as well. We both work in a small amusement park and I met her while we were both attendants for a children’s water playground. The thing is, I didn’t actually meet her. We interacted a little bit a couple of times but that was barely a few seconds, and no more than one sentence. I planned on introducing myself but got too nervous and ended up not saying anything. After that, her shift ended without me knowing when it was going to, and I blew my chances. I was there with her for 3 hours and spoke to her twice. The shift requires both attendants to be in different places at all times, so we never really had any incentive to talk. I’m beating myself up for not talking to her now. We won’t be working with each other at all this week but possibly following weeks. Not very likely, though.

oleg121
    Participant
    July 10, 2017 at 8:21 am #141458

The next chance- JUST DO IT!! You have nothing to loose.

anon2015101
    Participant
    July 10, 2017 at 7:43 pm #141647

…Not very specific advice, I already figured those out myself

TheMobb
    Participant
    July 11, 2017 at 9:41 am #141672

If you think she’s worth it then the next time introduce yourself and ask her out, nothing to lose.

sinister
    Participant
    July 11, 2017 at 12:51 pm #141728

just go for it u git nothing to lose

sarak123
    Participant
    July 12, 2017 at 4:51 am #141832

GO FOR ITT

ThatYahoGuy
    ThatYahoGuy
    Participant
    July 12, 2017 at 4:44 pm #141924

It’s like jumping out of a plane, the longer you wait the more nervous you’ll be. The more you do it the easier it becomes!

1. If you have a rough estimate of when you’ll see her again make sure to place yourself in as many social situations as you can beforehand, it’ll get you more socially active and your brain working on holding conversations. Plus practice is key.
    2. Just relax. The more you worry about this the harder it’ll be to approach her the next time.
    3. Ditch whatever lines you have in your head for the next time you see her. Just be yourself and talk, the more you focus on some thought out script in your head the more likely you are to freeze up if you need to go off script.
    4. If you’re having trouble asking her out, just do it!! Do it before your mind has time to make up excuses. Doesn’t matter if you do it right away or later in the conversation, if the thought of asking her out pops into your head give yourself 5 seconds to ask the question.

JemmaDash
    JemmaDash
    Participant
    July 12, 2017 at 5:22 pm #141937

Most of the woman I know, and for me personally, are much more likely to accept a date if the guy has talked to us a bit first. If we get asked out with little to know preceeding conversation, we immediately assume the guy only wants one thing, only because its hard to believe that someone could tell your interesting as a person just by looking at you. As I said, this is only the woman I know and me. Im sure youre genuinely interested so my advice to you is to start a conversation and ask her questions about herself to show her you are truly interested and also to get her talking to you more often. If the very first conversation goes well and one of your shifts is about to end, before parting simply tell her, “I really want to hear more about (whatever she and you were talking about) so you think you’d wanna hang out outside of work sometime?”

ThatYahoGuy
    ThatYahoGuy
    Participant
    July 13, 2017 at 8:53 am #141939

I agree with JemmaDash, it all depends how long you have to talk to her. If there’s any sort of social work gathering that happens try approaching her there, it’ll give you more time to talk to her.