DATING ADVICE FORUM

Asking a girl out via Facebook

Author
    Comments

• yeasnakeman
    Participant
    October 10, 2016 at 3:41 pm #113679
    Asking a girl out via Facebook

I’m a 15 year old male, and I met a girl that’s my age on Facebook, and she’s the prettiest girl that I have ever seen. I really want to date her, but I don’t know if it would be strange or undesirable; to do it over Facebook. She has a good personality, and we have common interests. She’s seen a video of me play a guitar cover of one of her favorite songs (I sent it to her). What she knows about me is that I used to go to her school (she never met me), I’m a metal guitarist (she likes metal), and that I think that she’s pretty. We haven’t gotten romantic or even close to dating; I just called her pretty, in a Facebook comment on her profile pic. Also, it may be weird, but when something is wrong (she’s sick, she lost a pet, ETC) and she posts about it on Facebook, I always try to make her feel better/help her. She seems to appreciate it, mostly. I also text her on Messenger, sometimes. Thus, we’re sub-friends. Should I ask her out, or should I try to meet her first? Thanks… 🙂

minnesota960125
    Participant
    October 10, 2016 at 9:01 pm #113716

Meet her first buddy

yeasnakeman
    Participant
    October 14, 2016 at 12:17 am #114076

How?

lm0905
    Participant
    October 14, 2016 at 6:15 pm #114196

DON’T ask her out on Facebook. 99% of the time if you do, especially if you haven’t met her yet, she will most likely say no.

sho2727
    Participant
    October 15, 2016 at 2:58 pm #114211

I think asking out someone directly should be in general avoided. That might kill the chemistry/attraction. Sad maybe, but in love you have to play games a little. It’s better to use some excuse to spend tome alone.

Suhrite
    Participant
    October 16, 2016 at 12:36 am #114224

Just know that there are genuine dangers to asking a girl you never met out on facebook, in the world of fake profiles. Do you have mutual friends? Maybe try to meet her first through them.

GreenEyedGirl93
    Participant
    October 16, 2016 at 2:23 pm #114228

You’re too young to be messing around with strangers online. If you’re serious about her, meet her in person.

bethbyday
    Participant
    October 16, 2016 at 4:31 pm #114232
    Reply To: Asking a girl out via Facebook

If you feel more comfortable communicating online, do, but it seems most of your communication on FB is quite one-sided. (does she ever initiate contact or is it always you trying to reach out to her) I would either try to get to know her a bit better via FB (not asking her out) and then I would try to meet her in person, but please don’t get overly infatuated before you do. Then you can see how you guys click in real life. If there’s no chemistry, at least you will know. Good luck. 🙂

ohthehumanity
    ohthehumanity
    Participant
    October 17, 2016 at 8:39 am #114250

I got a better idea. Just ask her for her number on Facebook. Start a conversation, then if she’s talking a little ask her for her number with 2 to 3 responses. In fact, do it in your first response to her first response. That’s my opinion.

I was gonna do that to to get someone’s number whom I’ve built really good rapport with over years as a former coworker. Any time I’m coincidentally in the same place she comes to me to say hi. This is after not working together for years. She’s actually gotten hotter too. Why haven’t I done it yet? Well, I’m trying to prioritize one girl who’m I’ve met relativity recently. If it doesn’t work out I’m prepared mentally.. the aforementioned girl who’s number I plan to ask for on facebook is Plan-C. Plan-B is another number I just acquired from someone I met in a store but like I said… I’m distracted.

Just get numbers and text with the intent of setting a date. You can text them to make the date if that makes you more comfortable.

sxystf
    Participant
    October 17, 2016 at 4:20 pm #114374

i wouldn’t recommend you to do that, got rejected like that a few times

October 25, 2016 at 1:32 pm #115256

Just ask her to hang out sometime and get to know her that way. I had a similar situation where the girl was interested in me and I spoke to her on facebook we had a good time speaking but I didn’t make a move and she got tired of waiting and dated someone else. I’m still kicking myself to this day

SwiftyTSR
    SwiftyTSR
    Participant
    October 27, 2016 at 12:49 pm #115586

Next time you and your friends go to something (i.e. a movie, football game, etc) invite her saying that you “and a group of friends are going to ‘insert thing here’, and it would be great if you could join us.”

tstudent
    Participant
    October 27, 2016 at 1:16 pm #115589

If you have the opportunity to talk to her in person, forget facebook.

BUT if facebook really is the only way you can talk to her, ask her to join you in something you would do anyway. A concert might be great as you have a similar music taste. You could even use that as an excuse, why you’re asking her instead of some of your friends although you barely know her.

windsoreight
    Participant
    October 27, 2016 at 9:26 pm #115646

I would agree face to face would be better.

strychnine
    Participant
    October 29, 2016 at 5:50 am #115751

DON’T EVER DO IT . IT WON’T WORK .

1 2