Asking a girl out who works at a store.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:36 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Allie
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 5:40 pm #82728

There’s this very cute girl who works at a Rite Aid store, which is very close to my house. Yesterday, I saw her when I bought the toilet paper that I needed. When I was next in line, she smiled at me for a bit. After I paid everything, she smiled again. Of course, I smiled back. She said “Have a good day” and I said “Thank you.”

At this point, I was already interested in her.

I went there again today. However, this time, it was a bit awkward. Unlike yesterday, I just bought something randomly (in this case, a couple of erasers). Fortunately, they were under $1. Then I waited in line. I thought I was next, but when the girl asks who was next in line, I went up and she looked at me like she thought there was someone else. Then another guy asks, “Who’s next in line?” and I kinda froze a bit (maybe I blushed but I don’t know). I was about to leave when I said “I’m sorry” and then the guy behind me says, “No that’s ok”. So I bought my stuff and she was ok with it. During that,(cont.)

Allie
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 5:47 pm #82729

…I used my Rite Aid rewards card, but she said I needed to renew it. So I did. After I paid, she smiled at me again, but this time, she smiled at me with her mouth closed. Not sure if that’s a different smile or the same smile she had yesterday, but I hope she wasn’t turned off by the awkwardness today.

Then I left, feeling very guilty.

Has anyone here asked someone out who was working at a store? I really like this girl and I want her to get to know me as a person, not just some weird customer. How do I approach her? I don’t want her to think I’m a stalker.

webhead
    Participant
    July 17, 2015 at 8:26 am #82966

Next time you go there ask her what time she gets off work and then ask if she would like to meet a starbucks or what ever coffe shop around there when she gets off work.

everything
    Participant
    July 18, 2015 at 3:00 am #82995

Your a guy, you have to make the first move, this isn’t India where Mom, Dad, & Uncles help you out making it all so much easier. I thought this woman cleaning my place was into me because the next time she showed up she was looking nice, did her hair, little makeup, etc. but I accidentally left my lithium scrip on the counter and I think she saw it so that’s the end of that.

trevvorrobberts
    Participant
    July 20, 2015 at 8:23 am #82991

I have a few regulars at grocery stores that I occasionally flirt with. Now, Im not saying this to brag, Im saying that since you don’t have much time to talk to her, you need to get to know her in other ways. You need to make her recognise you, and remember you. She probably sees hundreds of guys a day.
    After you have established the flirtatious relationship, it will be easier to ask her out. You wont just be a random stranger who she smiled at. Remember, part of her job is customer service and being nice. Don’t assume you are the only one she smiles at. Get to know her little by little through flirting.
    5 trips to the store over 2 weeks should do it. If you know how to flirt.

Drake619
    Participant
    July 20, 2015 at 5:37 pm #83060

My honest opinion, just ask her out.

zach94
    Participant
    July 20, 2015 at 9:25 pm #83064

everytime you go in, ask her how her day’s going. Then after she answers, ask her if it’s almost over. Show interest in that but keep it simple. Do that on your next 2 or 3 trips. If she’s interested, she’ll probably answer with something like “Yeah, I’m here til 10 ugh” or “Nope, I get off in a hour!” If she’s not interested, she’ll probably just answer Yes or Nope. If she answers with a time, be like “I know this awesome coffee shop that has the best Latte out there!” And take her to some local coffee shop, not Starbucks! Or if it’s night, then take her to a Bar & Grill restaurant like Chili’s and sit at the bar, or somewhere that does Happy Hour, keep it casual.