Asking a guy out out of the blue (not really specifically a gay issue)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• singsweatemoji
    Participant
    October 1, 2016 at 6:31 pm #112912

I’ve been frustrated lately with only meeting other guys online and I want to try asking this one guy out I’ve admired for a while but I want some advice first. For context, we don’t really know each other on a personal level, the first time we “met” was at a gay club when we were each with different groups of friends and we didn’t really talk, but when I friended him on Facebook and Snapchat and followed him on Instagram he accepted them all. He likes my pics and views my story, and I like his pics back but we don’t interact much beyond that. However, I’ve seen him around my campus a few times and he always says hi and I invited him to a party at my house and he sought me out and gave me a hug when he found me, so we definitely know of each other.

Anyway, I think I come off a lot better to people when I talk in person, because virtual messages lose a lot of the sarcasm and other anecdotal features that I think are unique in how I talk, so I want to get to know him better but not