Asking a guy out when it's long distance

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

thatgreengentleman
    Participant
    September 22, 2013 at 8:39 pm #39507

I’ve had a crush on this guy for awhile but done nothing about it as he lives so far away! We did make out once but we were very drunk and it was me who initiate it and he seemed to really regret it!
    However recently he’s been flirting with me alot and we’ve grown alot closer so I’ve had mixed signals.
    I saw him at the weekend and it turns out I don’t just have a crush anymore I’m actually falling for this guy!
    My problem is I have no idea how to ask him out! I really want to, right now the possibility of rejection doesn’t even bother me as I just need to know if he feels the same. But I can’t exactly ask him on a date as we live a 5 hour drive away from each other so it’s not like I can go “would you like to go for a drink sometime?” When I’d had to travel so long just to see him.
    Any advice would be welcome as I just need a way I can ask him out which doesn’t sound like an “Internet relationship” or making it sound overly serious by travelling so far away just for one date?

joedirt
    joedirt
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:12 pm #40032

Ask him to do something with you the next time your in town or hes in town. guys like when girls make the move.

Genni
    Genni
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:14 pm #40037

Hi there! I think you should visit him and have a picnic for him set up. Then in cupcakes spell out “Will You Be My BF?” He will think this is cheesy and cute (not to mention that guys love food).

If you don’t want to travel so far, just send the cupcakes via mail. Everyone loves getting mail!

I am currently in a long distance relationship, and trust me, it can work! Good luck!

ICantSpell
    ICantSpell
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:15 pm #40041

yeah long distance is tough but you can make it happen. you should drive up there and surprise his to make him see that you care about him more than a friend.

TFerguson
    TFerguson
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:15 pm #40043

yeah long distance is tough but you can make it happen. you should drive up there and surprise his to make him see that you care about him more than a friend.

Couldn’t agree more.

datingisamazing
    datingisamazing
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:23 pm #40067

If the last time you saw him was this past weekend and it was just a one-time meeting, why don’t you just pursue a long-distance relationship first, where you have conversations over phone, text, video conferencing, etc? Feel him out and befriend him first and then if you guys really click, that’s when you can make the drive to him when things are a little bit more established and serious. I know relationships can be impulsive but since you’re in a long-distance situation like this, I’d trying doing the aforementioned things first before jumping the gun.