Asking her out a second time

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Fordtrucks
    Participant
    December 23, 2016 at 3:33 am #120951

There is this girl I really like, she likes me to, problem is I am shy and she is shy. I asked he out to lunch and she said maybe next time, but because her and her friend truly had to go to her house for lunch not just made up. I see her everyday, we have class together, she is always looking at me and we flirt with each other, but being shy I am scared to ask her out again, but I wonder if it would be an okay idea to just nicely ask her out over facebook so it’s not so awkward I understand facebook is kinda stupid but I just can’t seem to build the confidence like the first time, then if she said no in the worst case I don’t have to talk to her again. First time I asked her I left breathing heavily and ran out to my truck sweating and wanting water badly I was so nervous lol.

Fordtrucks
    Participant
    December 23, 2016 at 3:36 am #120952

Damn it I am not gay, posted in this forum on my phone not realising

James 820
    Participant
    December 23, 2016 at 5:48 am #120954

Yeah that’s a little tricky, I’d say give it a few weeks at least before you ask her out again. I think girls like to play hard to get, meaning she could be into you but she just wants you to chase her. Play it cool, don’t be too clingy cause I’m thinking about the part where you say you see each other every day. Maybe go a day or two when you keep things vague and chilled like you don’t really mind too much about being with her, I know that might be hard at first but girls like it when they see a man who can be comfortable, confident as himself and show strong independence.

johnp
    Participant
    December 23, 2016 at 3:04 pm #120973

I think it’s totally fine to ask her out a second time over text (if you have her number, and if you don’t then I think Facebook is fine too). It’s 2016, and I think most people are OK with that these days.

It’s a tricky one, though. She knows that you want to take her on a date, so if I were you I’d pay attention to how she behaves around you now compared to before you asked her out. Is she avoiding you, or is she trying to talk to you more, or is there no change? If she’s avoiding you, I’d leave it a few weeks before doing anything – she might not be interested. If there’s no change, I’d leave it a couple of weeks then ask her again. If she’s seeking you out to talk to you, then just ask her out again now – she’s interested.

Fordtrucks
    Participant
    December 24, 2016 at 3:13 pm #120965

It’s been 2 months…. Kinda long but yea

datingnewbie
    Participant
    December 24, 2016 at 7:21 pm #121017

bro don’t feel scared, I’ve suffered with social anxiety all my life and I used to hide from women-that’s how bad it was for me but slowly but surely I worked up the courage to talk to people, at first if I wanted to ask a girl out I would drink to mask the anxiety but that’s not healthy it was a temporary bandaid but after 3 years of rejection n really awkward conversations eventually I can say my anxiety has mostly dissipated, then again this is what worked for me and I can speak confidently to any woman now so just try there’s no harm. Ask her out and if you get rejected then at least you learned something-don’t be like me I hid for most of my life-always remember there are always other women out there despite the fact that she may feel like the only one always remember there are other women out there, i know from experience its hard but go for it man ask her out you’ll learn that’s what life’s about

dmpsampath
    Participant
    December 25, 2016 at 2:55 am #121030

Dont be shy. I also faced same problem before. You ave chance to speak with her in class. 1st try to speak with her at class just normal things not about relationship. Then you ll feel so familiar with her

JZen
    Participant
    December 26, 2016 at 1:25 am #121042

If you have something that gives you emotional energy like music, listen to it and get yourself pumped like you can do anything and go out and do it !

Anonymous
    December 26, 2016 at 9:08 am #121064

I have always been very shy like you, best advice I can give you is to play the field till you know for sure you have a catch. Don’t go chasing after one girl you really want because you could just end up wasting time and end up empty handed. Ask multiple women out and the ones that seem to be interested in you those are the ones to go after. Getting too wrapped up in one woman can take the focus off of other women that might give you more a chance. Those are missed opportunities lost by being too focused on one woman who your not sure if she really will eventually date you or not.

gigidudu3
    Participant
    January 17, 2017 at 1:41 pm #123318
    Reply To: Asking her out a second time

Invite her to some convert, it always works.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 9:41 pm #123596
    Reply To: Asking her out a second time

yeah.. you’ll have to learn to be confident and be OKAY with rejection. Don’t see rejection as a bad thing – i know it can be embarrassing but so what? It’ll make you stand out as somebody with gutts moreso than other people.. and even if this gal rejects you in front of everybody. ALL THE OTHER GALS will see that you had the gutts to allow yourself to be embarrassed b/c you liked that girl enough to ask her out …

now for ideas to help make it comfy for you.. a great way to ask people out is to just talk about all the cool things you do, or the cool ideas of things you are thinking of doing.. say.. (bad example but to show how simple this can be).. “i’m excited about the new star wars movie coming out… it’s supposed to be the best of the prequels yet…” and be genuine. HOW SHE REACTS to it will tell you if she wants to join you or not – and then bam – you can easily, “hey.. how about you come with me” or “oh you like it too? let’s go see it together”.. BAM!

good luck.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by richiro richiro.