Asking her out via Text

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Asking her out via Text

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ayem8
    Participant
    June 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm #81383
    Asking her out via Text

I’m not really sure how to word my text without seeming to unsure but also not don’t want to sound demanding.
    I texted her if she had any plans this weekend and she responded “not much, just getting some things done.”
    This is where I am stuck. Should I suggest doing something or should I just flat out ask “well if you’re not doing anything, I’d like to grab a drink with you (or other activity) tonight”?

I know her through work for about 6 months and we both have very similar interests.
    I don’t know, need help please :/

ColdBlade97
    Participant
    June 21, 2015 at 3:40 pm #81388

I think you should come to her in person not via text and show her your confidence (even if its fake) and then you will have the bast chance because its even easier for her to say no over text then in person.

karlahasmoorefun
    Participant
    June 21, 2015 at 5:26 pm #81398

Straight to the point that you want a date don’t make her wonder

johnnyboy95
    Participant
    June 22, 2015 at 1:57 am #81403

be straight to the point, but try to do it in person if you can. It comes off as more sincere. Or at least on the phone.

jonbones
    Participant
    June 22, 2015 at 9:15 pm #81441

I agree and think you should definitely ask in person. That is a good text though. It’s straight to the point and isn’t demanding.

Brunton1
    Participant
    June 23, 2015 at 10:05 am #81393

Hi I think her reply text so far shows that she may be hopeful that you will ask her out. I would take that chance and ask her out.
    Do it very politely and offer her several ideas and options for a date. I am a woman and it seems to me as a woman that she
    sent a neutral reply so that you would ask her out but she did not want to seem too needy. Here is what you can say” Thanks
    for your reply. Would you like to go to dinner with me tomorrow night at (such and such restaurant)? I have heard that their
    (steak, lobster, or whatever!) is really good. If you like, after dinner, we can see a movie at (such and such theater) or we can
    take a ride to the ice cream shop and along the way I would like to show you (be creative here) where the new museum is,
    or you can say show you the view from the bridge in downtown, or (something like that). Remember, be polite, be detailed,
    have some specific ideas for the date. Put yourself out there and try. Good Luck!

morbe
    Participant
    June 23, 2015 at 10:05 am #81415

Text her and tell her your thinking about her.
    Text her and tell her good morning, good night etc.
    Pick up the phone and call for the date: let her know shes worth the extra effort.
    We text all day long, this and that. You want to stand out and score a date? Call! Even when your not asking for a date. If I find im texting a woman I like too much I call from time to time and simply say “I just wanted to hear your voice”. Let her know shes deserves more attention than a mindless text.

morbe
    Participant
    June 23, 2015 at 10:05 am #81418

Ask her in person if you can over the phone at the very least. Let her know she is more deserving than a common, run of the mill, mindless text she gets on a daily basis during all hours of the day.

morbe
    Participant
    June 23, 2015 at 10:05 am #81417

You want a date with this girl. Call and ask for the date. Let her know shes more deserving of a mindless text that she gets all day.

Dismister
    Participant
    June 26, 2015 at 2:43 am #81632
    Reply To: Asking her out via Text

I think a date should always be asked by taking in-person. You may have very creative ideas on how to ask that and then you can insist her with your looks, smile, smell and many more.

TheGrim123321
    Participant
    June 26, 2015 at 8:31 am #81639

If shes an attractive girls, lots of guys ask her out via text all day. Step up, text hold on. Go to her house, and ask her out.

bmv7288
    Participant
    June 26, 2015 at 11:23 pm #81686

If you do it over text you better know her well. If you barely know her you’ll likely get rejected.

Anonymous
    June 27, 2015 at 5:39 pm #81701

She probably gets texts and messages all day long. Show her you’re different from the rest and call her up and ask her out.

ayem8
    Participant
    June 28, 2015 at 2:47 pm #81706

An update…
    I ended up asking her on a Wednesday (in person) if she would like to get dinner on Saturday.
    >She replied with “I may be busy, but I’ll let you know”
    >I knew that response is basically a NO
    >Weekend went by and she never let me know
    All in all I got shot down pretty hard lol

I do appreciate all the replies and advice though, there’s always a next time (maybe).