DATING ADVICE FORUM

Asking Out a Co-Worker?

Author
    Comments

• Braytc
    Participant
    August 10, 2016 at 10:39 pm #107920
    Asking Out a Co-Worker?

Please try to read the whole thing and don’t make generalizations off of the title without seeing some details of my situation.

Hey guys, I am 22 Male she is 20-21 Female.
    There’s a girl to me that is showing (signs) that she likes me. There’s a ton of girls I work with at the same time, but this one stands out to me so much.

It’s not at all really “asking out a co-worker” in a literal sense, this girl i hear is actually leaving in a few weeks-month. So don’t worry about my company. Problem is AT WHAT POINT and how to

It’s almost impossible to ask her for a number or to do something without my boss and co workers hearing at the type of place we work. I’ve tried everything this week and there’s no un-awkward point in the day where i can get in some words to her without anyone hearing.

Should i slip her my number walking out one day? Should i contact her on social media if all else fails? I know it’s wishy washy kinda approach, but that might be the only options. What to do?

sorrycharlie
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 1:21 am #107925

Well what kind of place do you work? Are your schedules the same? Perhaps if your shifts are the same walk out to your car with her and to get privacy. I think you need to just slip your number and get it over with worst thing she does is not call or text you. Good luck and hope it works out for you.

rmercer
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 2:41 am #107932

He’s dead on, slip her the number. I know from experience that co-workers and managers can be some of the biggest blockers. You have to slick about how you slip her the number. People seeing you do it is the same as hearing you in the work place because people talk and are nosey. If someone seees you its likely they will be able to tell what you up to.

Braytc
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 4:29 am #107949

Well what kind of place do you work? Are your schedules the same? Perhaps if your shifts are the same walk out to your car with her and to get privacy. I think you need to just slip your number and get it over with worst thing she does is not call or text you. Good luck and hope it works out for you.

Wow, i have now gotten a whopping 3 , maybe 4 different consensuses on how to go about doing this lol. Where I work : we all work in one small space. There is not a word said that everyone isn’t overhearing. The work area is that small lol. There’s the Boss, and 4-5 of “US” the workers in the area. Impossible

1 forum “slipping her your number on paper isnt good, ASK HER in person or nothing”
    1 forum “social media is fine, contact her and she will respond if she likes you”
    1 forum “slipping a note is fine, just do it”

this is so bad ha

Braytc
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 8:39 am #107950

He’s dead on, slip her the number. I know from experience that co-workers and managers can be some of the biggest blockers. You have to slick about how you slip her the number. People seeing you do it is the same as hearing you in the work place because people talk and are nosey. If someone seees you its likely they will be able to tell what you up to.

I’m pretty sure I can give her a note with my number on it and walk away like nothing happened lol. I can def pull that off, just some people are telling me that’s not the right way of approaching it. I don’t see the problem with doing it though.

You can barely even whisper without being overheard. There are no taking breaks at the same time, 1 person per. We never leave at the same time, shifts all end separate times

JennaMcClain
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 8:20 pm #108014

Just give her your number. Girls like a guy whos confident.

Braytc
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 8:41 pm #108022

Just give her your number. Girls like a guy whos confident.

So like before I leave or she leaves one day, i should give her my number on a note?