DATING ADVICE FORUM

Asking out a younger woman.

Author
    Comments

• Jrak
    Participant
    November 30, 2016 at 12:23 am #118515
    Asking out a younger woman.

This might get a little long winded but I think to get the advice I need you have to know the whole story. So, my father needs a home care nurse to come by every night to help him get ready and into bed. I see him almost every night. There are 2 different ladies that come by every week. One of these women (that my dad literally adores because she treats him so well) is much younger then me (I’m in my mid 40s she is in her 20s). Normally to me that’s too young to date. But aside from her being very attractive, we get along very well and sometimes she spends a half hour just chatting with me before she leaves. The way she treats my dad is a huge deal for me also. She told me recently that she and her boyfriend broke up. Now here’s the rub. She’s much younger then me and she’s also my dad’s home care nurse. But I really think we would have a great time going out. I don’t want to make her uncomfortable but I also don’t want to pass up an opportunity . Help

Tr1608
    Participant
    November 30, 2016 at 6:51 am #118524

Go for it!

Jrak
    Participant
    November 30, 2016 at 7:20 pm #118636

Of course that’s my intial thought too. “Go for it”. But I’m concerned about the after effects if she’s not into it. Or feels its unprofessional of her to do so. I’m hoping to have some input that helps me decide what I should do. Thanks.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    December 1, 2016 at 2:35 pm #118717

Take it easy on this one. I’m sure she is a fantastic woman and such. But there are a number of factors to consider here:
    1. It’s her job to be nice and treat peopel nice and be friendly and talkative and positive. ITS HER JOB! Now.. some people do it better than others, and i’m not saying romance doesn’t spark on the job… but the key here is —- its her JOB. Whether there is ‘something” there on her side depends on if she treats you differently than she does other clients and their families. And of course, yo dn’t know this and can’t. So don’t take “we talk and can converse and she’s nice to me and my dad” as a sign there is ‘something”. There’ll have to be much more (and much more she shows you) to signal it’s more than just client/nurse here.

2. Let’s just say you do date. What if it goes badly and wrong and you break up. Now what? Does she leave? Is it tense in the house for your father’s care? I would take this possibiity VERY SERIOUSLY especially with #1 as well.

Rewriter
    Participant
    December 1, 2016 at 8:17 pm #118788

Of course that’s my intial thought too. “Go for it”. But I’m concerned about the after effects if she’s not into it. Or feels its unprofessional of her to do so. I’m hoping to have some input that helps me decide what I should do. Thanks.

Mr.J
    Mr.J
    Participant
    December 2, 2016 at 10:50 am #118842

do you really want her? or just got attracted to her?..now the answer was yours, if you believe that you and her could make it, then why not? if your not sure, then why not?
    opportunity maybe come once and dont come back again. Its just now or never. If you think of professionalism, well if you really want her then marry her and thats the only way to break the unprofessional image.