Asking out girl I work with

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:27 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jblondonite
    Participant
    June 30, 2016 at 3:08 am #104274

Hey everyone,
    I’ve been working for two months on the same floor as this girl I really like – we’re not part of the same company but we share office space on the same floor so it feels like we may as well be colleagues. I feel like there’s something between us and I’ve really wanted to asked her out but held off because lots of people tell you not to date colleagues.

But now I’m leaving this job, so I figure I may as well go for it. But how should I go about it given that it’s been a few months and I never approached her romantically. To be honest, I’m inclined to just wait till I’ve got her on her own and say that for the past couple of months I’ve walked past her office and thought how gorgeous she is and how I wished I didn’t work with her because then it wouldn’t be a big deal to ask her out. And then say I know I’d kick myself if I didn’t ask her now.

Is that too much? I kinda feel like I need to make up for the time that’s gone by when I said nothing.
    Thanks!

hiddenkite
    Participant
    July 1, 2016 at 10:03 am #104277

That’s a very sweet thing to say so it very well could be successful. If you want to tone it down a bit you could just omit the part about how you wished you didn’t work with her so that’s why you haven’t asked her out because it comes across as an excuse. Just say something along the lines of “Hey, honestly I’ve always thought that you were really beautiful and I would like to get to know you, would you like to go out sometime? I know I’d kick myself if I didn’t take this chance to ask you before I leave.”
    If she says yes, great you get the chance to learn more about her. If she says no, say “Okay I respect your choice” and leave it at that.
    Good luck!

LorenBlack
    Participant
    July 4, 2016 at 12:29 pm #104387

You also can meet other girls) Get acquainted with one of the most gorgeous girls on the Earth . https://katedating.com/ New meetings give new experience and unforgettable moments.