At a loss as to what I should do here…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GIJoe1986
    GIJoe1986
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 1:03 pm #73673

Ok so I met this woman online and we hit it off wonderfully as friends. She writes and occasionally I would help her out as a sounding board or how a guy would react in certain situations in her book. Anyhow we started talking about more personal things and I started to help her out with marital problems but then as time went on I noticed we started to feel a certain attraction for one another and for almost a year we talked about how much we cared about one another and that blossomed into a love I feel is real and I am fairly sure was reciprocated equally. Then I my phone broke and due to finacials I wasn’t able to keep my internet so we lost touch for a few months and dated one other person but me and the other girl didn’t work out. While dating I managed to get things straightened out but a few weeks after I broke up with the girlfriend I decided to look up my old online friend and we have talked and fell back into how things were before the loss of communication and I realize( Cont

GIJoe1986
    GIJoe1986
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 1:12 pm #73674

I still feel all the feelings I did before the loss of communication and I am at a loss of what to do. My issues are simple really 1) she is married but not happily and she has been divorced once and on husband #2 but she feels he is turning out like her ex ( BTW both are military) and has made some comments about leaving him not necessarily for me but in general. 2) older than I am…much older. I am 28 and she is in her mid 40’s and has two kids around my age but a few years younger. and 3) I am not put off by the age difference and I am divorced myself and understand how it can be staying trying to make a relationship that is broken work but what really worries me is that maybe things are bleak where she sits being married but I doubt she will feel the same if she divorces him. I am just not sure what to do so any advice?

quirkygirl30
    Participant
    February 23, 2015 at 2:42 pm #73965

Wow…. well sounds like a moral dilemma. If it were me I’d try to remain friends but ultimately have to accept that the balls in her court.

p.s. in my opinion, shes got a family. I wouldn’t wanna screw that up. But again she has to be the one to make the decision.