At what point is Busy just an excuse?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Addisme
    Participant
    October 29, 2017 at 9:13 pm #154404

My BF and I have been dating for 3 months and I hardly see him. A month after we got together I broke my foot and can’t drive yet. He lives an hour away and while I get that he is busy (work, school, archery) I don’t think it’s too much to ask him to stop by to see me when he’s in my town not 2 minutes from my house. I haven’t see him in 2 weeks and he was in town today and said he was just too busy to stop by. I’ve noticed too lately that he barely talks to me, and when he does it takes him hours to answer my texts. He always has a reason and I know he’s busy and I don’t want to be a harping GF but I feel like on his list of priorities I’m like 20th if that. He’s stopped being romantic, he never includes me in future plans. And when I bring any of this up I get the silent treatment. I also feel like I’m the one always engaging with him, I haven’t spoke to him since we had a tiff earlier and he hasn’t tried to contact me at all. Am I overreacting or am I just not important to him?

1234eliza
    Participant
    October 31, 2017 at 5:16 pm #154627

I certainly do not think you are overreacting. It seems unfortunately that he has lost interest in you.
    If you fall in love with someone, you always manage to squeeze in some time with them, or make plans when you can meet to spend time together.

Addisme
    Participant
    November 1, 2017 at 8:52 pm #154760

So after three days of me trying to work things out and him not.. I broke up with him. Not a tear has been shed, I actually feel relieved. Thank you for replying!

Leo
    Participant
    November 2, 2017 at 1:33 pm #154831

sounds like it was the right move, good job.